NetDrive is an easy Windows application that allows users to connect remote storage, including FTP servers, as a local drive and access it straight from Windows Explorer.
Extremely useful if you work with remote storage environments on a regular basis, NetDrive is actually pretty easy to use, mostly thanks to a reduced number of configuration options and intuitive features.
It allows users to quickly upload files to an FTP server just by dragging and dropping files in the configured drive, providing excellent transfer speed and superior performance.
While it also allows you to instantly launch video, audio and executable files using your Internet connection, NetDrive boasts what can be very well considered a basic interface, with only a few options displayed in the main window.
You can, for instance, set up and manage multiple remote storage places, with each entry requiring a site name, IP and URL, port, server type, local drive letter, and account information. There are options to automatically log in when the system starts and thus mount the drive without user input or to auto login every time you launch the app.
- Cloud storage as a virtual drive: Managing your favorite cloud storage services could not be easier. Simply provide login information, and all your cloud storage will automatically appear as a virtual drive every time you start your PC.
- Background uploading: With background uploading, NetDrive 3 uploads your files to remote storage without overheads and you will not want to live without this feature.
- Multiple Mount Options: You can control when to mount your drive. With NetDrive 3 now you can mount your drive on system boot time without login. With this option, you can use your remote storage with system services.
- NAS storage as a virtual drive: You can connect to NAS servers by WebDAV or FTP. Many NAS vendors recommend NetDrive as a standard way to mount their NAS products. Share your NAS easily with anyone as a virtual drive.
- SFTP to securely transfer files: NetDrive supports secure file transfer by SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol). Unlike standard File Transfer Protocol (FTP), SFTP encrypts both commands and data, preventing passwords and sensitive information from being transmitted in clear text over a network.
NetDrive doesn’t slow down the system, but it needs a pretty fast Internet connection to serve its purpose in the right way. It’s stable and reliable and runs smoothly on all Windows versions.
NetDrive is a very interesting piece of software that can be safely installed by all types of users, be they beginners or those more experienced. It also comprises a help manual, so you can always receive assistance in case you can’t figure out how to use the program.