Mozilla Thunderbird is a free, open-source, cross-platform e-mail and news (NNTP) client developed by the Mozilla Foundation. The project strategy is modeled after Mozilla Firefox, a project aimed at creating a Web browser.
Get started with Thunderbird
Mail Account Setup Wizard
Prior to this feature, you had to know your IMAP, SMTP, and SSL/TLS settings. Now all you need to provide is your name, email address, and password and the email account set up wizardry will check our database and find the email settings for you.
Personalized Email Addresses
Ever dreamed of having a personalized email address (such as “email@example.com”) for you, your family or your business? Thunderbird makes this easy – you can sign up for a new email address within Mozilla Thunderbird, and it will all be set up automatically for you ready to send and receive.
One-click Address Book
One-click Address Book is a quick and easy way to add people to your address book. Add people by simply clicking on the star icon in the message you receive. Two clicks and you can add more details like a photo, birthday, and other contact information.
The attachment reminder looks for the word attachment (and other words like file types) in the body of your message and reminds you to add an attachment before hitting send.
Enjoy real-time conversation with your contacts, right from your favorite messaging application, with multiple supported networks. Thunderbird makes it easy to search through both past conversations and received emails.
What’s more in Mozilla Thunderbird
- Various Theme fixes where incorrect colors, backgrounds, etc. were displayed
- Add-on Options menu not working on Mac
- Shift+PageUp/PageDown in Write window
- Saving content of Write windows didn’t overwrite the existing file
- Issues related to “Edit Template” command
- Golda attachment filtering
- Mailing list address auto-complete enter/return handling
- Thunderbird hung if HTML signature references non-existent image
- Filters not working for headers that appear more than once