Midi Player is a simple, yet effective utility that helps you to play audio MIDI files while adjusting the volume, bass, balance, and treble.
Includes a well-structured and intuitive interface
The previously mentioned application comes with a user-friendly interface that displays all the available MIDI files and saves the current playlist so you can access it anytime you want to perform further modifications. It allows you to view the title and the soundfont for each MIDI file.
Also, the right-click menu allows you to enable to AutoPlay function that repeatedly plays the selected audio file.
What’s more, the utility provides you with real-time effects on any MIDI channel and allows you to adjust the pitch frequency, modulation, reverb, and chorus in order to get a better output quality from your MIDI files.
Allows you to make changes to MIDI files in real-time
The Program section allows you to select the piano playing mode such as ‘Distorted Guitar’, ‘Contrabass’, ‘Pizzicato Strings’, ‘Piccolo’, ‘Clarinet’, ‘Violin’ or ‘Trombone’. After choosing your favorite type, you are able to save the current audio files to WAV format within seconds.
Also, you have the possibility to perform real-time modifications on the MIDI channels by changing the number of the existing channels and setting up the Bank MSB and the Bank LSB controllers. However, if personalized adjustments do not suit your needs, you can easily reset them.
MIDI Player Features:
- Fully configurable Midi in and out ports.
- Real-time program and bank modification on any midi channel.
- Real-time effects on any midi channel.
- Mute and solo on any channels.
- Variable Tempo and Pitch during playback.
- Virtual Piano (F1-F8 Function keys for octave change)
- Chord mode for Virtual Piano and Midi input.
- Send Sysex for Synth (GM, GS, XG, GM2, NX, and custom)
- Midi send and receive over Net.
- Karaoke midi files support.
- Bassmidi output mode.
- Spectrum Analyzer.
- Module files (mod,xm,s3m,it) playback support via converting.
- Record to wave, mp3 (or any ACM codecs) capability.
- Real-time SoundFont loading from the playlist.
- Scale effect settings (transpose notes to different scales).
- Supports the Cakewalk/Sonar instrument definition (.ins) files.
- Supports Sysex capturing from Midi input.
As far as the device settings are concerned, you can use the Midi Mapper or the BassMidi options with ease. You can set the default SoundFont and modify the maximum polyphony and the sample rate effortlessly.
Easy tool for playing MIDI files
To sum things up, Midi Player proves to be a reliable solution when it comes to playing your favorite MIDI files while loading soundfonts automatically in real-time.