Metasploit Pro is an easy and complete penetration testing solution specially designed for users who need to reduce the risk of a data breach.
It helps them to simulate attacks on their network in a secure environment, validate vulnerabilities, check the security controls and mitigation efforts, as well as manage and organize phishing exposure.
An intuitive and streamlined web-based interface
Once the installation process is finished, Metasploit Pro will open a new window into your default web browser from where you can eliminate false positives from third-party vulnerability scanners and conduct penetration tests through a simple interface.
User-friendly wizards are also available that guide you throughout the entire process of auditing web applications or exploiting vulnerabilities effortlessly.
Conduct penetration tests
By accessing the ‘Quick PenTest’ option you are able to configure a test that automatically gathers all the necessary information concerning the target network, launches attacks against the targets and builds a full-detailed report for further analysis.
After specifying the project name and the target addresses, you can easily navigate through tabs such as ‘Configure Scan’, ‘Run Exploits’ and ‘Generate Report’ to set up all the options according to your needs. The application will immediately verify which vulnerabilities really put your data at risk and quickly prioritize all the high-risk threats that need your attention.
What’s more, Metasploit Pro enables you to inspect your network for weak passwords and identify active accounts of previous employees. On this manner, you are able to change passwords and tweak policy, as well as modify, collect and replay credentials.
Taking into consideration the most password auditors available on market, you are limited to cracking Windows passwords offline. However, with the help of this program, you are able to preview all the weak passwords and test them over various network services such as SSH, VNC and Telnet.
A practical penetration testing solution
To conclude, Metasploit Pro gives you a better overview about all the vulnerabilities and allows you to safely simulate attacks on your network. This way, you can easily reduce the risk of a data breach by auditing web applications and testing your users’ security awareness.
- Prevent data breaches:
- Identify critical vulnerabilities that could lead to a data breach so you know what to patch first
- Reduce the effort required for penetration testing, enabling you to test more systems more frequently
- Discover weak trust models caused by shared credentials that are vulnerable to brute forcing and harvesting
- Locate exposed, sensitive information with automated post-exploitation file system searches
- Prioritize vulnerabilities:
- Import vulnerability management reports from more than a dozen third-party applications and verify their findings to eliminate false positives
- Integrate with your in-house Nexpose infrastructure to kick off new scans and access real-time vulnerability findings (requires Nexpose)
- Focus on remediating critical vulnerabilities to reduce exposure and reduce mitigation costs
- Prove exploitability to application owners to expedite remediation
- Verify controls and mitigation efforts:
- Re-run exploits after mitigation to verify its effectiveness in preventing a data breach
- Enable the IT operations team or your client to verify whether controls and mitigations were successful by handing them a replay script that re-traces the steps you took to exploit the vulnerability
- Draw on the Nexpose vulnerability database to read up on ways to remediate vulnerabilities (requires Nexpose)
- Conduct efficient penetration tests:
- While penetration tests are generally accepted as a great way to prevent data breaches, they are so costly that many enterprises can only afford to spot check a few hosts. Metasploit Pro drastically reduces cost by automating penetration testing workflows, enabling team collaboration, and simplifying custom reporting. As a result, it becomes feasible to increase the scope and frequency of penetration tests to better protect against data breaches.
- Automate steps of the penetration testing workflow to increase efficiency, enabling you to test more systems more frequently.
- Test the security of your network devices, desktops and servers, including databases and Web applications.
- Measure your users’ security awareness with password audits and social engineering campaigns
- Simulate realistic attacks with the world’s largest database of quality-assured exploits
- Create automated reports to inform stakeholders
- Easily document compliance with PCI DSS and FISMA reports that map findings to controls and requirements
- Ensure HIPAA compliance by protecting ePHI (Electronic Protected Health Information) from “reasonably anticipated threats and hazards”
- Contribute to Sarbanes Oxley compliance by protecting the mandated controls and procedures
- Leverage team members’ specialties and consolidate reports through team collaboration
Download Software For PC