Mega Downloader is the free and fast application that lets you download files directly from mega.nz to your computer. While this app is unofficial it’s designed specifically to make the business of downloading files from Mega as easy and as quick as possible. There is also a companion app for uploading to mega.nz.
In the eventuality that you are using mega.nz as one of your cloud backup solutions or for sharing files with others, then you may be looking for a method to grab those files faster. As the name suggests, This is a lightweight piece of software that acts as a downloader for the mega.nz service.
This free download manager app is very straightforward and easy to use. Simply provide a link, and it’ll start downloading it for you. The information available includes the amount downloaded, amount remaining, total size, status, a visual representation of progress, progress as a percentage and the download speed. It is quite fast and not only takes full advantage of MEGA servers but is able to maximize your connection by downloading files as well as pieces of the same file concurrently.
Many of the items available for download on MEGA are quite large. Uploaders often first break these files up by placing them in multi-part archives. This is where MegaDownloader really shines. If you want to download content made up of 10 300 MB RAR files, for instance, you enter them all into the program at once as a batch, start the process and can then do other things as it works in the background. The user interface is minimalistic and well-organized, but it uses an outmoded Windows aesthetic that just looks old on Windows 10.
The user-interface is highly functional nonetheless. It is specific to the MEGA service. It can’t access other similar services, unfortunately. If you use MEGA a lot to discover content, however, it’s a handy tool, but it would be nice if it integrated a search mechanism in order to minimize the back and forth that’s often required to find and download what you want.
It grabs the links you copy automatically but lets you decide about the download
The program comes with a clean and minimalist, yet modern interface that is unlikely to give you any troubles. Considering its role, it goes without saying that you need to have an account with the file sharing service and hence, grab the appropriate links.
Speaking of links, you will be happy to learn that the tool grabs the links you copy automatically, as the app includes a clipboard sniffer. While you do not have to bother with adding individual links to the queue, you can specify whether you prefer the download to start right away or save it for later. The tool packs the standard customization options that enable you to set the priority, speed or the total number of downloads.
Add the path to the VLC media player to enable the streaming function
A noteworthy feature of the program is that you can watch video files that you grab, even if you do not have any browser installed on your system. However, you should bear in mind that for this function to work, you need to have VLC Media Player on your PC. Afterward, you can access the Settings window and add the path to the player.
The application also packs a steganography function so you can extract or hide links that you want to share with others inside an image. At the same time, you can encode URLs and generate ELC from the mega links for enhanced security.
Mega downloader Features
- Automated download of a large number of files – Perfect for both occasional users who want hassle-free download and cloud storage enthusiasts who want to rely on MEGA for file backup or collaborative file sharing
- Support for parallel downloads – Take full control over organizing the download of a large number of files.
- Support for segmented download for each file – Boost the download speed by downloading several segments of each file at the same time.
- Download files of all sizes – From several kilobytes to several gigabytes, it can handle them all. Be aware that downloading multiple large files can put a strain on older PC configurations.
- Rapid download speed – Unleash the full potential of your internet connection.
- No need to visit Mega website – Authenticate your account in MegaDownloader and download files without the need to ever visit mega.nz
- Integrated support for video streaming – Integration with VLC video player can enable you to directly playback video files that are being streamed from Mega.nz
- Available for all modern versions of Windows OS, on desktop PCs, laptops and tablets.
Pros and Cons
|It is a fast software to download any files.||Specific only to Mega|
|It is free software.||No preloaded extra languages|
|Megadownloader is very easy to use.||No Built-in search option|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 & Windows 10|
|File Size||2.0 MB|
|Date added||September 04, 2018|
This internet download manager software is completely safe to get the sorted files from MEGA.NZ for your Windows PC. The fact which adds a jewel in the crown is that the software is completely free and lets users download the multiple files at a particular point of time during his online sessions.