Media player classic Home Cinema is an open-source, light-weight and one of the very popular media player for Windows that supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback. It is 100% spyware free, there are no advertisements or toolbars and no user tracking. It has a built-in DVD player with real-time zoom, support for AVI subtitles, QuickTime and RealVideo support. A programmer named “Gabest” is behind the maintenance and development of Media Player Classic. This is a mod of MPC design for home cinema usage.
MPC-HC isn’t flashy but it works with nearly any media format. MPC-HC uses DXVA technology to pass decoding operations to your modern video card, enhancing your viewing experience. And Media player classic free download supports both physical and software DVDs with menus, chapter navigation, and subtitles.
It is written in C++ and supports GPU assisted decoding, available in 42 languages. This advertisement or toolbar free software supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback. As it is a compact and portable media player which has a combination of simple interface and the low-resource demand of this early build, with the high performance and features of more modern media players.
It’s very powerful to play videos smoothly on very common devices, even at high resolutions. In fact, MPC-HC is able to play large files of 1080p size resolution with seamless media streaming. MPC Home Cinema includes all kinds of video decoders including H.264 and VC-1 with support for DXVA and Direct Video Acceleration technology. It is capable of playing DVD or Blu-Ray discs, audio CDs, and even DVB TV signals.
Please remember while selecting a comprehensive multimedia player, MPC Home is one of the best options. Its extensive customization options, speed, and compatibility make it a must-have video player for Pc.
Media Player Classic Home Cinema for stable video and audio
If you’ve ever used the old version of windows media player classic free, then Media Player Home Cinema should feel very intuitive. The controls are where you’d expect them to be, the menus are clear, and the player doesn’t crash or lock up when it encounters an unfamiliar file type (which is admittedly rare anyway). It’s also relatively undemanding, which means that it starts quickly and runs smoothly even on older computers. However, it doesn’t support streaming video.
An excellent alternative to native video players
Once you have Media Player Classic Home Cinema download, then it is simpler, easier to use and more versatile than most default video player apps. You can watch movies on any SSE2 CPU, even on your old computer back from 2000. Unless you want something with stronger streaming support or mainly listen to audio CDs (which it supports but not as well as some competitors) it’s an excellent choice. With its wide array of options, MPC-HC can be customized to fit almost any needs, can also be used as a DVB player.
Media Player Classic Key Features
- Option to remove Tearing.
- Free from spyware
- MPC-HC can also be used as a DVB player.
- Watch movies on any SSE2 CPU, even on your old computer back from 2000.
- No advertisements or toolbars.
- Better support for Windows Vista, including a release for 64 bits platform.
- Support for EVR (Enhanced Video Renderer)
- Supports Subtitles.
- Playback and recording of television if a supported TV tuner is installed.
- Creation of minidump when MPC HC crashes.
- OSD (On Screen Display)
- Shuttle PN31 remote control support
- Support Multi-Monitor configuration
- Pixel shader to convert BT601 – BT701
- YV12 Chroma Upsampling pixel shader
- Language Translations.
- All features from the Guliverkli MPC Project from Gabest.
- Remote control for Android devices.
Latest updates and changes and bug fixing for Media Player Classic
- Switched from mhook to MinHook since it’s more actively maintained
- Require a CPU processor with SSE2 instructions
- Ticket #5865, Add context menu option to copy subtitle URL
- Updated translations
- Updated LAV Filters to v0.70.2
- Updated Little CMS to v2.8 (d41071e)
- Updated MediaInfoLib to v0.7.97
- Updated ZenLib to v0.4.35
- Updated Unrar to v5.5.6
- Scale MediaInfo properties tab text properly on high DPI