Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor is an excellent free application to learn touch typing, no matter the language you speak or the keyboard you use.
Contrary to what most people believe, typing fast requires a lot of discipline and what appears to be casual gliding of the fingers across the keyboard is actually a path carefully exercised over time. Typing fast and correctly involves learning the right way to position the fingers on the keyboard so that they reach the letters easily and quickly.
When you first run this, you have to select the keyboard you are using and the language you’ll use, in the case of English, choose Qwerty_en. You can do exercises focused on different aspects: adaptability, speed, word completion, fluidity it’s a very good program if you want to improve speed and accuracy when typewriting.
This touch typing tutor intends to be keyboard and language independent, saving memory and time (and money). If it’s the first time you use a touch-typing tutor, don’t worry, Klavaro touch typing tutor download then it will indicate to you where you have to place the fingers and the assigned keys to each finger. When you’ll have done several tests, you’ll be able to view your evolution in graphics.
It is one solution to learning how to type fast. It includes both theory and practice exercises to track progress. The main application Windows shows a list of four menus that can train you to punch the keyboard faster and more efficiently. There are also settings for defining the keyboard language and type, with qwerty, Coleman and workman among the choices.
The good thing about this software is that it offers support for many different keyboard layouts and languages, which makes it suitable for a wider number of users, no matter what their mother tongue is.
On the downside, some extra features found in other similar tools, such as the possibility to keep track of your results with statistics, or to customize the text with which you can practice. The progress for each exercise is tracked and it can be shown in terms of accuracy, fluidity or speed (words per minute). Another way is to receive a score, on a scale that goes from zero to ten. A visual representation of the improvements is also available on the progress screen. if the competition is a catalyst towards improving your typing speed, the developer includes the possibility to compare your results with other users, either locally or online. This is available when practicing fluidity. Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor is licensed as freeware for pc or laptop with Windows 32-bit operating system. it is in the typing category and available to all software users as free typing trainer download.
Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor Features
- Internationalization: Czech, English, Esperanto, French (incomplete), German (incomplete), Hungarian, Portuguese and Swedish.
- Keyboard layout editor: makes possible to configure the keys’ positions and to save the result in a simple text file. If your keyboard isn’t shown above, you can create it. If you need to do it, please let us know about.
- Ready to use keyboard layouts:
- “qwerty” (BR; BR_abnt0; BR_abnt2; CZ; EL; ES; HE; IT; PT; SE; US)
- “Dvorak” (BR; FR; US; US_BR; US_ES; US_SE)
- “qwertz” (CZ; DE; HU)
- “azerty” (FR)
- “jtsuken” (RU)
- Basic course: a basic type, of course, is available for memorizing the keys positions on the keyboard. It is supposed to be independent of the keyboard layout, by the generation of random character sequences to be followed by the student.
- Adaptability exercises: these exercises use all the keys randomly so that you can practice using all the keyboards. It’s named adaptability exercise because it develops the capacity to adapt your typing skills to any kind of strange words that may appear in some texts.
- Velocity exercises: one achieves velocity on typing when the environment is well known, or when the words come from one’s own language. That’s why these exercises focus on velocity. And even if your language isn’t supported by the application, you still can indicate texts in any language to include the words contained there.
- Fluidness exercises: with these exercises, one works typing complete paragraphs, with good sense sentences. Typing errors aren’t accepted: the user must correct them with the backspace key before be allowed to go on. Especial attention is given to the typing rhythm, which must be as uniform as possible. Just like the velocity exercises, this one here makes possible to load any text files, independently of language.
- Progress charts: at the accomplishment of each exercise, some characteristics of your performance are saved and can be graphically shown. Thus, you can easily observe your learning progress (or regress).
- Clean graphical interface: when learning to type correctly, one must not get the attention of the exercises. So, it is recommended neither to have dozens of gauges measuring velocity, errors, time, etc; nor a virtual keyboard floating in front of the student: he/she must memorize the key positions by the tact, not visually. Hence, Klavaro’s interface started simple and will remain like that for all of its lifetimes.
Klavaro Pros and Cons
|Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor can run as an online game.||Lacks some extended features.|
|It has a clean graphical user interface.|
|Several languages and keyboard layouts available|
|Varied lessons, from the easiest to the most difficult|
|Operating system||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Latest version||Klavaro 3.09|
|Title||Klavaro Touch Typing Tutor|
Klavaro Touch Typing tutor is not the best choice for learning to type fast and correctly, but it can definitely contribute to this goal. It provides different texts so that a routine is not developed over time and feedback in the form of progress tracking shows how much you’ve improved.