Keeping your computer malware-free is definitely important if you want to keep your PC functioning at top performance. However, you also need to pay attention to when shopping online or allowing youngsters to browse the web. If you also want to make sure your online identity is safe, you can try Kaspersky Total Security.
Accessible interface to show security notifications and run scans
The graphics interface of the software is user-friendly and intuitive so that even if you are not a computer expert, you can still protect yourself against various types of online threats. The main window is neatly organized so you can easily access the Backup or the Parental Controls section.
In addition to the protection ensured by the antivirus component of Kaspersky Total Security, you can also initiate custom scans if you suspect one of your files or folders is infected. You can also set the application to scan the objects that are typically launched at Windows startup, just to make sure no malware has infiltrated.
Run data backups and set parental control
Another function supported by Kaspersky Total Security is the creation of backup tasks, so your documents, movies, audio tracks or photos are safe no matter what issue your PC might encounter. You can backup the data on another partition, a network drive or FTP server, as well as upload it directly to a cloud account. The created job can be started immediately, or it can be scheduled to run on a regular basis.
The Parental Controls section can help parents and tutors rest assured that children or teenagers are safe while browsing the web – Kaspersky Total Security comes with several pre-configured profiles that adults can choose from or they can create one from scratch. They can restrict computer and application usage, as well as Internet access, file downloads, social networking and instant messaging.
Kaspersky Total Security Features:
Protection components, providing protection of:
- Virus scan tasks used to scan individual files, folders, drives, areas or the entire computer for viruses.
- Update, ensuring the up-to-date status of internal application modules, and databases used to scan for malicious programs.
- Protection components
The following protection components provide defense for your computer in real time:
- File Anti-Virus monitors the file system of the computer. It scans all files that can be opened, executed or saved on your computer, and all connected disk drives. Computer Protection intercepts each attempt to access a file and scans such file for known viruses. The file can only be processed further if the file is not infected or is successfully treated by the application. If a file cannot be disinfected for any reason, it will be deleted, with a copy of it saved in the backup, or moved to the quarantine.
- Mail Anti-Virus scans all incoming and outgoing email messages on your computer. It analyzes emails for malicious programs. The email is available to the addressee only if it does not contain dangerous objects. The component also analyzes email messages to detect phishing.
- Web Anti-Virus intercepts and blocks scripts on websites if they pose a threat. All HTTP traffic is also subject to thorough monitoring. The component also analyzes web pages to detect phishing.
- IM Anti-Virus ensures the safe use of Internet pages. The component protects information that comes to your computer via IM protocols. IM Anti-Virus ensures safe operation of various applications for instant messaging.
- Application Control logs the actions performed by applications in the system and manages the applications’ activities, based on which group the component assigns them to. A set of rules is defined for each group of applications. These rules manage applications’ access to various resources.
- The firewall ensures security for your work in local networks and on the Internet. The component filters all network activities using rules of two types: rules for applications and packet rules.
- Proactive Defense allows detecting a new malicious program before it performs its malicious activity. The component is designed around monitoring and analyzing the behavior of all applications installed on your computer. Based on the actions being performed, Computer Protection makes a decision whether the application is potentially dangerous, or not. So your computer is protected not only from known viruses but from new ones as well that still have not been discovered.
Network Attack Blocker:
- The Network Attack Blocker loads at the operating system startup and tracks incoming network traffic for activities characteristic of network attacks. Once an attempt of attacking your computer is detected, Computer Protection blocks any network activity of the attacking computer towards your computer.
- Anti-Spam integrates into the mail client installed on your computer and monitors all incoming email messages for spam. All messages containing spam are marked with a special header. The option of configuring Anti-Spam for spam processing (deleting automatically, moving to a special folder, etc.) is also provided. The component also analyzes email messages to detect phishing.
- The component designed to view information about network activity in real-time mode.
- The component, integrated into Web Anti-Virus, Anti-Spam and IM Anti-Virus, which allows checking web addresses if they are included in the list of phishing and suspicious web addresses.
A full-featured security suite from Kaspersky
Kaspersky Total Security is a comprehensive solution for all users who are worried about the numerous web threats one might stumble across – the Safe Money component can help them enter their bank details and make sure they do not get stolen, whereas the Password Manager can come in handy for storing all credentials in a safe place.