K-Lite Codec Pack Full is an accumulation of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs, and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are bare for encoding and adaptation audio and video formats. K-Lite Codec Pack Full is advised as a convenient Band-Aid for arena all your audio and cine files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the accepted audio and video formats and even several beneath accepted formats.
K-Lite Codec Pack General Functions
- It is actually convenient and simple to use.
- It is adapted frequently. So it is consistently abreast of the newest and best components.
- The backpack provides an accomplished out-of-the-box acquaintance for amateur users, while at the aforementioned time alms abounding options for able users to abuse things.
- All included apparatus accept been anxiously called by codec experts.
- The backpack offers a top akin of flexibility. You can for archetype configure your adopted decoders and splitters for abounding formats.
- Works abundant in aggregate with Windows Media Player and Media Centre. Both as well with added accepted DirectShow players such as Media Player Classic, KM Player, Potplayer, GOM Player, and abounding others.
- Uninstallation removes aggregate that was installed by the pack. Including all anthology keys. All changes are appropriately baffled and changed to the accompaniment above-mentioned to the accession of the pack.
- It contains aggregate you charge to play all your movies and music.
- This backpack has a huge user base. This agency that problems are begin and bound quickly.
Unique appearance compared to added K-Lite codec packs
- The backpack works on all versions of Windows from XP up to Windows 10. The able installer automatically adapts itself based on your adaptation of Windows. It as well adapts itself based on what added codecs are already installed on your computer.
- It contains both 32-bit and 64-bit codecs.
- The installer is able to ascertain torn codecs and DirectShow filters on your system and helps you to fix those problems. This altered functionality has helped bags of humans break problems they were clumsy to fix themselves or with added packs.
- The accession is absolutely customizable. You can accept which apparatus you wish to install.
- It is acutely simple to accomplish an absolutely customized abandoned accession with the chip wizard
- The backpack has abounding options, which allows you to abuse it to your own specific needs and preferences.
- It helps apple-pie up added codecs installed on your computer. The installer is able to ascertain and abolish over 100 altered codec and clarify packs. This helps you get rid of old junk, prevents conflicts, and leaves you with just the capital and best codecs.
- It does not accommodate any codecs or filters that are accepted to be bad, buggy or unstable. In fact, the installer is able to ascertain and attenuate several accepted troublemakers that may already be present on your computer. This solves problems and improves arrangement stability.
- There are altered variants of the pack. From baby to large. You can ace the one that fits your needs.
- The backpack accouterments appropriate blacklists for some of its included DirectShow filters. These blacklists are acclimated to abstain affinity issues with assertive applications and games. Helpdesks and added abutment agents generally acclaim the K-Lite Codec Backpack because of its abilities to fix problems and its appearance to ensure optimal compatibility.
K-Lite Codec Pack features
- The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- Media Player Classic
- DivX Pro [Decoding]
- DivX Pro [Encoding]
- XviD [Decoding]
- XviD [Encoding]
- 3ivX Pro [Decoding]
- 3ivX Pro [Encoding]
- Windows Media 9 VCM
- Windows Media
- On2 VP3
- On2 VP6 [Decoding]
- On2 VP6 [Encoding]
- Lagos Indio XP
- Intel Indio
- Intel Indio
- Intel I.263
- MS MPEG-4
- DivX MPEG-4 Low and Fast motion
- Cyber link DVD decoder
- Elecard MPEG-2 demuxer
- Main Concept MPEG-2 demuxer
- Lagos MPEG-2 decoder
- The cyber link MPEG-2 decoder
- The main Concept MPEG-2 decoder
- Fraunhofer MP3 DirectShow decoder
- WMA DirectShow decoder
- AC3 DirectShow decoder
- AC3 ACM decoder
- Ogg Vorbis DirectShow decoder (CoreVorbis)
- AAC DirectShow decoder (Core AAC)
- 3ivX Pro [Decoding]
- 3ivX Pro [Decoding]
- Nero Digital MPEG-1/2 decoder
- Muse Pack DirectShow decoder
- Voxware DirectShow decoder
- Monkey’s Audio DirectShow decoder
- DivX Audio
- LAME MP3 Encoder
- Ogg DirectShow splitter and Vorbis DLLs
- Matroska DirectShow splitter
- Matroska DirectShow murex
- Direct Vob Sub (vs filter)
- Matrix Mixer
- SHOUT cast Source
- Morgan Multimedia Stream Switcher
- DivX Anti-Freeze
- G Spot Codec Information Appliance
- Four CC Changer
- Bitrate Calculator
Official Video Intro K-Lite Codec Pack
K-Lite Codec Pack FAQs
Do I need to uninstall my old version first?
You can safely install on top of your current version. The installer will detect when it is necessary to uninstall the older version first, and it will offer to do it automatically. This is usally only needed when there have been some big changes, such as added or removed components. In most cases the existing version can be upgraded directly and all your settings are preserved.
Is it possible to do a silent or unattended install?
Silent install with default settings:
Use these command-line parameters for silent installation: /verysilent /norestart
If you want to display progress indicator then use /silent instead of /verysilent
If you don’t want the installer to create file associations for the included MPC-HC player, then add: /nofileassociations (this option is available since version 15.0.4)
Customized unattended installation:
If you want to create an unattended installation with fully customized settings, then use command /unattended and follow the instructions in the wizard.
Is it possible to uninstall only a couple components of the K-Lite Codec Pack and keep the rest?
Yes. Simply run the installer again, and uncheck the components that you want to remove.
Windows 10 shows error "This app can't run on your PC"
This usually means that you have a damaged installer file.
Clear your browser cache, and then download a fresh copy of the file. If you are using Chrome and the problem keeps happening, then use another browser (Edge/Firefox) to download the file. Chrome can sometimes corrupt downloaded files.