Apple iTunes is an advanced application that’s not only a very good media player, but also a great iPod and iPhone manager. Simplicity is perhaps the most appropriate word that can summarise its overall looks and usability.
iTunes enables you to do anything you want with your gadgets, including backups, synchronizations, contact management and, most importantly, install applications from the Apple Store. iPhone owners surely know that in order to buy and install apps hosted by the iTunes Store, they need the downloadable application which provides the necessary environment for purchasing software in a secure method.
iTunes will play your videos and music in a heartbeat, help you organize playlists and library items. Other than that, iTunes has all the features you’d expect in a media player, plus something special: you can easily subscribe to podcasts, TV shows and other types of content and each of these files are automatically delivered to your computer as soon as they become available.
The ‘iTunes Backup’ feature comes in quite handy and will allow you to save your library to CDs or DVDs. You can backup just the Store purchases, or the entire content, as you wish. There is also an option that enables you to perform an incremental backup, which means that only the items added or changed since the last backup will be updated.
Features of iTunes:
Follow your favorite artists:
- True fans know it all: What their favorite artists are playing — and when and where they’re playing it. Set your inner groupie free by following your favorite artists on Ping.
- Follow your friends. Find new music.
- There’s no better way to discover new music than to find out what your friends are listening to. Ping gives you even more insight into your friends’ musical tastes through profile pages.
- Stay up to date on who, what, when, and where.
- Keep musically connected with the Recent Activity feed in Ping. See a list of recent updates showing what friends, artists, and celebrities are up to on iTunes.
Where listening, watching, and playing start:
- Lets you enjoy all your music, movies, video, and TV shows on your Mac or PC. When you want to watch or listen to something, you no longer have to look through your CDs or flip through channels — just go to your computer and open iTunes. With your entire media collection in your iTunes library, you can browse everything faster, organize it all more easily, and play anything whenever the mood strikes.
- Apple TV has been redesigned to be small in size but big on entertainment. Rent from the largest selection of HD movies — many available the same day they come out on DVD. Watch Netflix titles instantly. Rent TV shows, commercial free in HD. And stream photos and music from your computer to your widescreen TV.
- A PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor
- Intel Pentium D or faster processor is required to play Standard Definition video from the iTunes Store
- 2.0GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or faster processor is required to play HD video, an iTunes LP, or Extras from the iTunes Store
- 512MB of RAM; 1GB is required to play HD video, an iTunes LP, or iTunes Extras
- DIRECTX 9.0-COMPATIBLE VIDEO CARD WITH 32MB OF VIDEO RAM; 64MB RECOMMENDED
- QuickTime-compatible audio card
- Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store
- Compatible CD or DVD recorder to create audio CDs, MP3 CDs, or back-up CDs or DVDs
- QUICKTIME IS REQUIRED (INCLUDED)
- 200MB of available disk space
- Screen reader support requires Window-Eyes 7.0 or later
Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using iTunes on your computer
Before you use iTunes to sync content to your iOS device, consider using iCloud, Apple Music, or similar services to keep content from your Mac or PC in the cloud. This way, you can access your music, photos, and more on your iOS devices when you aren’t near your computer. Learn more about using Apple Music or iCloud Photos instead of it.
What you can sync with this software
- Albums, songs, playlists, movies, TV shows, podcasts, books, and audiobooks.
- Photos and videos.
- Contacts and calendars.
- Device backups that you made using this software
Sync or remove content using this software
- Open iTunes and connect your device to your computer with a USB cable.
- Click the device icon in the upper-left corner of the iTunes window.
3. From the list under Settings on the left side of the iTunes window, click the type of content that you want to sync or remove. To turn syncing on for a content type, select the checkbox next to Sync.
4. Select the checkbox next to each item that you want to sync.
5. Click the Apply button in the lower-right corner of the screen. If syncing doesn’t start automatically, click the Sync button.
Sync your content using Wi-Fi
After you set up syncing with this software using USB, you can set up iTunes to sync to your device with Wi-Fi instead of USB. Here’s how:
- Connect your iOS device to your computer with a USB cable, then open iTunes and select your device.
- Click Summary on the left side of the iTunes window.
- Select “Sync with this [device] over Wi-Fi.”
- Click Apply.
When the computer and the iOS device are on the same Wi-Fi network, the iOS device appears in iTunes. The iOS device syncs automatically whenever it’s plugged in to power and it is open on the computer.