A powerful graphics viewer, designed from scratch to be simple for beginners and powerful for professionals. IrfanView is the first Windows® graphics viewer that comes with support for multiple (animated) GIF, Multipage TIF, and Multiple ICO. It has support for many graphics file formats (regularly updated).
File formats for IrfanView:
BMP, DIB, JPG, JPEG, PSD, PDF, GIF, TTF, TXT, ANI, CUR, CLP, DDS, CAM, Mac PICT, QTIF, MP4, WAD, WBMP, RAS, SUN, SFF, PPM ( and many other graphics file formats supported).
Support has been extending over the years for video and audio files. Just a short list of them: WAV, AVI, WMA, WMV, MPG, MPEG, MP3, MID and many others (keep in mind that for some video and audio files like RA or MOV, MP4 – Real Player/Apple® Quicktime® required). It offers support for many languages, has preview and paint roles (you can draw arrows, lines or circles, etc.), toolbar skins, the slideshow is also present at this free and powerful graphic software. Also, it has support for Adobe® Photoshop® Filters software, Batch conversion (with his image processing), email, file search, printing, it can change color depth, it can add effects (Blur, Filter Factory, Sharpen, etc.). Capturing, extracting icons from DLL, EXE, ICLs are just a couple of other features that come with this free graphics software.
Important: You can also download and use the IrfanView plugins from this page, available on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. They are listed below the 32-bit and 64-bit setup files. Please note that according to Irfan the standard IrfanView version includes only the most important PlugIns: Effects, Paint, Ansi2Unicode, Icons, Slideshow-EXE, RegionCapture Tools, Video, Metadata, and JPG-Transform.
Some IrfanView features:
- Many supported file formats (click here the list of formats)
- Multi-language support
- Unicode support
- Thumbnail/preview option
- Paint option – to draw lines, circles, arrows, straighten image etc.
- Toolbar skins option
- Lossless JPG rotation, crop and EXIF date change (also in batch mode)
- Slideshow (save slideshow as EXE/SCR or burn it to CD)
- Show EXIF/IPTC/Comment text in Slideshow/Fullscreen etc.
- Support for Adobe Photoshop Filters
- Fast directory view (moving through directory)
- Batch conversion (with advanced image processing of all files)
- Multipage TIF editing
- File search
- Email option
- Multimedia player
- Print option
- Support for embedded color profiles in JPG/TIF files
- Change color depth
- Scan (batch scan) support
- Add overlay text/image (watermark)
- IPTC editing
- Effects (Sharpen, Blur, Adobe 8BF, Filter Factory, Filters Unlimited, etc.)
- Screen Capturing
- Many hotkeys Many command-line options Many PlugIns
- Only one EXE-File, no DLLs, no Shareware messages like “I Agree” or “Evaluation expired”
- No registry changes without user action/permission!