ImgBurn is a lightweight CD, DVD, HD-DVD, or Blu-ray burning application. It has several modes, each for performing a different tasks such as read a disc to an image file, creates an image file from files on your computer or network, write an image file to a disc, ensure that a disc is 100% readable and discovery used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing.
ImgBurn supports a wide range of image file formats – including BIN, CCD, CDI, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG, and PDI. It can burn Audio CDs from any file type supported via DirectShow / ACM – including AAC, APE, FLAC, M4A, MP3, MP4, MPC, OGG, PCM, WAV, WMA, and WV.
You can use it to build DVD Video discs (from a VIDEO_TS folder), HD DVD Video discs (from an HVDVD_TS folder) and Blu-ray Video discs (from a BDAV / BDMV folder) with ease.
Its feature lineup is impressive, having modules ready for writing image files to discs or common files and folders to discs, creating image files from discs, common files or folders, and for verifying data integrity after the discs are burned.
You can run simulations to check the burning operations for any errors instead of potentially damaging the discs, set a drop zone on the desktop to be able to quickly add files to burning projects by dragging and dropping them, or use “EZ Mode Picker” to follow one wizard step at a time for completing a task if ImgBurn seems overwhelming.
- Read – Read a disc to an image file
- Build – Create an image file from files on your computer or network – or you can write the files directly to a disc
- Write – Write an image file to a disc
- Verify – Check a disc is 100% readable. Optionally, you can also have ImgBurn compare it against a given image file to ensure the actual data is correct
- Discovery – Put your drive/media to the test! Used in combination with DVDInfoPro, you can check the quality of the burns your drive is producing