Gnuplot download is a portable command-line driven graphing utility for PC and many other platforms. It was originally created to allow scientists and students to visualize mathematical functions and data interactively but has grown to support many non-interactive uses such as web scripting. It is also used as a plotting engine by third-party applications like Octave, Maxima, and Gretl.
Gnuplot has been on the software market for longer than we can remember and was originally developed to sustain the efforts of academic personnel and make their work easier.
The plots are generated inside a separate window, where the 3D spatial view allows for a thorough exploration, aided by zoom functions.
Gnuplot sports a pleasant interface and gathers its feature set inside a few menus that are robust and well organized. Each menu is dedicated to achieving a major task; for instance, options related to expressions, including operators, are encased in a single menu. Download Software For Windows.
Benefits of Gnuplot
- Two-dimensional functions and data plots combining many different elements such as points, lines, error bars, filled shapes, labels, arrows
- Polar axes, log-scaled axes, general nonlinear axis mapping, parametric coordinates
- Data representations such as heat maps, beeswarm plots, violin plots, histograms, …
- Three-dimensional plots of data points, lines, and surfaces in many different styles (contour plot, mesh)
- Algebraic computation using integer, floating-point, or complex arithmetic
- Data-driven model fitting using Marquardt-Levenberg minimization
- Support for a large number of operating systems, graphics file formats and output devices
- Extensive on-line help
- TEX-like text formatting for labels, titles, axes, data points
- Interactive command-line editing and history
Gnuplot Download features
Gnuplot can produce output directly on the screen or in many formats of graphics files, including Portable Network Graphics (PNG), Encapsulated PostScript (EPS), Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG), JPEG and many others. It is also capable of producing LaTeX code that can be included directly in LaTeX documents, making use of LaTeX’s fonts and powerful formula notation abilities. The program can be used both interactively and in batch mode using scripts.
The Gnuplot core code is programmed in C. Modular subsystems for output via Qt, wxWidgets, and LaTeX/TikZ/ConTeXt are written in C++ and Lua.
gnuplot in interactive use.
set title “Some Math Functions”
set xrange [-10:10]
set yrange [-2:2]
plot (x/4)**2, sin(x), 1/x
A scatter plot of samples from a text file.
Thousands of dots plotted, forming a pattern A logarithmic spiral.
The name of this program was originally chosen to avoid conflicts with a program called “new plot”, and was originally a compromise between “llamaplot” and “nplot”
What’s new in Gnuplot 5.2.7
Version 5.2.7 is an incremental release in the stable 5.2 series containing bug fixes and a few new features back-ported from the development version. The largest change from 5.2.6 is a revision of the pm and fig terminals to bring them up to date with the version 5 capabilities of other terminal types. Download Software For Linux.
Gnuplot Download Software System Requirements
|Operating System||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
Gnuplot Download Software Technical Specification
|File Size||26.7 MB|
|Author||Gnuplot Team http://gnuplot.info/|
Conclusion: This software provides a plotting diagram in the form of 2D and 3D design by graphically.