GanttProject is a free, open source project management software. It is mature and probably one of the most complex project management tools which offer an impressive list of features considering it’s a free program distributed under the GNU General Public License.
Important: GanttProject is written in Java and requires Java Runtime version 7 or higher to be installed. If you have no idea if Java is installed, you can easily check this and download Java Runtime on java.com
Trademark Note 1: Microsoft®, Windows®, and other product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States or other countries.
Trademark Note 2: Mac and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
GanttProject Project Timeline Software Features:
- Create Gantt charts
- You can draw dependency constraints
- Generate PERT chart from Gantt charts
- Create and assign human resources
- Monitor task assignments
- Use collaboration (WebDAV and cloud storage)
- Create reports (in PDF, as a PNG/JPEG image)
- Export to CSV and Microsoft Project
- Import from Microsoft Project and iCalendar format
- Create tasks and milestones. Aside from the start date and duration, every task may have priority, cost, color and fill pattern, text notes, and user-defined custom fields.
- Organize tasks in a work breakdown structure. The hierarchical tree where progress, dates or costs of lower-level tasks is summarized on the higher levels. Summary tasks can be collapsed to hide tasks that are not important at the moment.
- Draw dependency constraints between tasks, like “start X when Y finishes” and GanttProject will take care of enforcing these constraints. You can add a lag or use other types of constraints.
- Create baselines to be able to compare the current project state with previous plans.
- PERT chart for the read-only view can be generated from the Gantt chart.
GanttProject System Requirements
- Platform: JAVA Runtime Version 7 or higher