GanttProject is a free, open-source project management software. It is mature and probably one of the most complex project management tools which offer an impressive list of features considering it’s a free program distributed under the GNU General Public License.
Important: GanttProject is written in Java and requires Java Runtime version 7 or higher to be installed. If you have no idea if Java is installed, you can easily check this and download Java Runtime on java.com
Trademark Note 1: Microsoft®, Windows®, and other product names are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States or other countries.
Trademark Note 2: Mac and OS X are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
GanttProject Project Timeline Software Features:
- Create Gantt charts
- You can draw dependency constraints
- Generate PERT chart from Gantt charts
- Create and assign human resources
- Monitor task assignments
- Use collaboration (WebDAV and cloud storage)
- Create reports (in PDF, as a PNG/JPEG image)
- Export to CSV and Microsoft Project
- Import from Microsoft Project and iCalendar format
- Create tasks and milestones. Aside from the start date and duration, every task may have priority, cost, color and fill pattern, text notes, and user-defined custom fields.
- Organize tasks in a work breakdown structure. The hierarchical tree where progress, dates, or costs of lower level tasks is summarized on the higher levels. Summary tasks can be collapsed to hide tasks that are not important at the moment.
- Draw dependency constraints between tasks, like “start X when Y finishes” and GanttProject will take care of enforcing these constraints. You can add a lag or use other types of constraints.
- Create baselines to be able to compare the current project state with previous plans.
- PERT chart for the read-only view can be generated from the Gantt chart.
GanttProject System Requirements
- Platform: JAVA Runtime Version 7 or higher