Freemake Audio Converter is a software utility that you can use to convert audio tracks between multiple formats, including WMA, WAV, MP3, FLAC, M4A, and OGG. Actually, the function of An audio converter is a device or software that converts an audio signal from one format to another.
This free audio program converts music to M4A audio format preparing files for Apple devices – iPad, iPhone, iPod. For more convenience, it also exports converted audio files directly to iTunes library. For each of the supported audio formats, this free audio converter software has several pre-defined presets. The powerful users can create a custom preset with the adjustment of bitrate, audio channels and sample rate of the output audio.
The interface of the application is simplistic, attractive, clean and intuitive. Audio tracks can be imported into the queue via the file browser only, since the “drag and drop” method is not supported. Batch processing is allowed.
In the list, you can check out the name, source format, duration, settings and size of each track. Once you specify the output extension and destination, you can proceed with the conversion process.
In addition, you can modify audio preferences when it comes to the channels, sample frequency rate and bit rate. Plus, you can use an existing preset or create your own one.
Freemake Audio Converter is also capable of extracting audio from video files – DVD, MP4, AVI, MPEG, H.264, MKV, DIVX, MOV, WMV, VOB, 3GP, RM, QT, FLV and over forty other video formats. For those who would like to convert multiple audio files simultaneously, the audio converter provides the batch mode option.
Freemake Audio Converter Features:
Convert any audio files:
- Convert audio to MP3, M4A, WMA, WAV, AAC
- Convert audio between all key audio formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, FLAC, AAC, M4A, OGG. Convert WMA to MP3, WAV to MP3, MP3 to WAV, FLAC to MP3, AAC to MP3, etc.
Free MP3 Converter:
- Use Freemake as Free MP3 Converter: convert audio to MP3 for MP3 players iPod, Zune, Coby, SanDisk Sansa, iRiver, Walkman, Archos, GoGear, etc.
- Convert audio to iPod, iPhone, iPad
- Convert audio to M4A format for Apple devices. Get smaller than MP3 audio files for playback on iPod, iPhone, iPad or iTunes.
- MP3 to iTunes: Send MP3 and AAC files directly to iTunes from our audio converter
- Join audio files: Merge multiple audio files into one with Free Audio Converter from Freemake.
- Extract audio from video: Export audio tracks from video files: DVD, H.264, AVI, MPEG, MP4, MKV, DIVX, MOV, WMV, VOB, 3GP, RM, QT, FLV, etc.
- Export Audio from Video: Get music from video files: DVD, H.264, AVI, MPEG, MP4, MKV, DIVX, MOV, WMV, VOB, 3GP, RM, QT, FLV, etc. Supported video formats.
|Very Slow To Convert and Compress|
|Many Formats||No Audio Editing|
|Easy To Use||No Real User Support|
|Allows Users To Convert Audio Files To|
FreeMake Audio Converter Technical Specification:
|Title:||Freemake Audio Converter 22.214.171.124 for Windows|
|File size:||18.5 MB|
|Languages:||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Framework:||.NET FRAMEWORK 4.0|
|Processor:||Intel, AMD or compatible processor, 1 GHz|
|RAM:||256MB or above RAM|
|Hard Disk:||25 MB free hard disc space for installation|
The audio conversion program takes up a pretty high amount of system resources, quickly finishes an encoding job and manages to keep a very good sound quality in the output files. There’s also an online guide with video tutorials that you can check out.
The bottom line is that Freemake Audio Converter is an excellent tool for encoding audio files and we highly recommend it to all users, whether we’re talking about rookies or experienced individuals.