You can now download FaceTime for Windows PC. Yes, you read that right. Users can now enjoy the experience of high-quality video calling of FaceTime with Windows PC. This advanced and sophisticated video calling app for the Windows system has been working like a gem for the users who have installed it on their desktop or laptop.
Actually, FaceTime is a video calling app from Apple Inc. The application made its debut back in 2011. It has since been a mainstay on iOS platforms. The application is created specifically for Apple devices and is incredibly simple to use. With its reliability making its one of the most popular apps out there.
But you can now connect with your loved ones through the app even on Windows OS. Although the app was built specifically for Apple devices, there are ways to get past that obstacles. In today’s article, we shall explore how you can use FaceTime with a Windows PC.
FaceTime For Windows Features
Video Calling– The FaceTime app has prioritized the video calling experience above all for its users. The app provides you with the best quality of HD video calling. It can support up to 720p of resolution. And it is in this aspect where the app is peerless when compared with its competitors.
Interface– FaceTime has also focused heavily on the interface of their app. They have a soothing and appealing interface to improve customer satisfaction. The users have the option to use the app in landscape or portrait mode according to their convenience. On top of that, the application also allows you to receive a call when the app is not active. It also allows you to share animoji, stickers, and live pictures with the caller. Thus providing a greater degree of intimacy in video calling experience.
Handling– The app is incredibly easy to use and set up. All you need to initiate a call is to provide your Apple ID. After that, you can begin a call just like you would on your iPhone or iPad. It is therefore incredibly easy to use and you can add up to 32 members in a single call. That makes FaceTime perfect for a group call as well.
Simplicity– The application does not over-complicate the matters for you. So people of any age can use FaceTime comfortably. You can choose to organize the list of contacts you frequently call as your “Favorites”. That makes searching for them easier. You can also use the app to block or hide spammers. And now the app can be used on platforms other than iOS.
System Requirements for FaceTime
Before downloading the app you must check the system requirements of the app. the following list might help you in that.
- You need the latest windows versions for the app to run smoothly on your device. Having operating systems of Windows 7 and onwards is a good place to start.
- To avoid buffering, your CPU speed needs to be higher than 1GHz.
- It will be preferable to have a RAM size of 2 GB or more on your computer.
- For video calling, you need either an in-built camera or a webcam.
- Lastly, the app requires a stable, high-speed internet connection. And because of its HD calling it advised to use the app through a wifi connection.
Install FaceTime With Windows PC
Downloading FaceTime for Windows PC is a completely legal process. You only have to follow the following steps to download the app on your PC.
- Before you begin to download the app, you need to install Nox first. It is an emulator required to complete the installation of FaceTime for PC. An emulator replicates the user interface of one device onto another. So you can use the emulator to replicate the interface of your mobile onto your device.
- Nox is an efficient emulator for Windows devices. However, it is a fairly large file and requires a bit of time to download.
- Once you have finished downloading the emulator you need to go ahead and install facetime with PC. You only need to follow the steps it asks to install the file. Once that is dealt with, you need to give the app permission to restart our computer.
- When your computer restarts, find and launch the Nox app. From the menu find play store applications.
- From the App Store, you need to find the FaceTime for pc and Run it. That would begin the download of the app immediately. Once the download is over, click on the app and begin installing it on your device.
- While installing you shall be asked for the administrator’s password. You need to enter the password of your choice and continue the installation of the application.
- After the app finishes the installation, you need to create your own Id and Password. Use this information whenever you log in to FaceTime.