The digital world is developing new technologies to do easy our life and more efficient for businesses. some scientists and researchers are working on the cloud and its advanced options. So here we are going to discuss cloud computing which is one of the best technology.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud is also known in English as Cloud Computing that is a system of access to information and data, using the services of the internet, store data, and applications that allow access to the information. They make use of servers for the management of files and information. This will be considered the store. The use of this system can be applied in almost all areas, from trade to a merely informative environment.
To make use of it, it is necessary to bear in mind their advantages and disadvantages:
- Cost savings: The installation, maintenance, and update processes of your desktop programs are simplified and the licenses you need for potential users have a lower cost. Forget about buying server software and equipment, and paying someone to install and manage them for you.
- Backups: You can easily manage backups of all your data to be calm with just a few clicks.
- Storage: The issue of space is no longer a problem, the capacity of your hard drives or any other storage method takes a backseat, because the cloud is very flexible and adapts perfectly to your needs due to the growth of your company. You can get rid of equipment that fulfills some type of storage function to gain physical space in your office. You will also save on your electricity bill.
- Integration of exclusive applications of your company: Surely you are paying for some type of software, such as CRM, ERP, etc., with their respective licenses per user, but currently in the cloud there is much software of this type that adapts to your needs, but if not, this software is vertical, they can be adapted to your needs by paying a little more.
- Mobility: You will be able to access all the content of your cloud computing from anywhere in the world and at any time with a simple internet connection.
- Security and data privacy: Very important when hiring your cloud service, you have to have a total guarantee that your data and third-party data are fully protected, either from data loss, misuse of these, or even from hacker attacks.
- Technical problems: You do not get rid of these in any case, you may have network access problems, some software compatibility may occur, problems in the cloud itself, etc.
- Possible change of provider: Hopefully that is not your case, but a dependency is generated with respect to the provider of your data, so you will have to be very careful in your choice.
There are 3 main types of cloud computing.
- Private Cloud
- Public Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
All these clouds play an important role in managing and maintaining the data online.
You can easily understand the name itself about the type of cloud this is. Private clouds are those clouds that are not open to everyone like the public cloud. In a private cloud, the user has to either create an account and pay for its usage. Private cloud is more secure than public clouds as there are secured using
various codes and not easy to hack into this cloud. Private clouds don’t have limits of uploading data like the public cloud. They are high priced and suitable for conglomerates. There are many private clouds available on the internet like Google drive to name a few.
Pros and Cons of Private Cloud
|Improved level of security||Harder to access data from remote locations|
|Customizable||Requires IT expertise|
|Greater control over the server
2. Public Cloud
Public clouds are kind of free but not completely free cloud servers. Public cloud is essential and easy to access and users can easily access their stored data effectively. It’s less expensive compared to the private cloud. They are suitable for medium businesses as they have a limited amount of data storage.
It is a pay per use and low cost. It is not suitable for all businesses as it has a limit to its safety.
Pros and Cons of Public Cloud
|Easy scalability||Not considered the safest option for sensitive data|
|No geographical restrictions|
|Easy to manage|
It’s like a mixture of private clouds and public clouds. For example: – If company A has sensitive information then it can use a personal cloud to store information while relying on public cloud PRN. Its low cost and can be afforded by companies that cannot afford their own cloud or public cloud
Pros and Cons of Hybrid Cloud
|Highly flexible and scalable||Communication in-network level may be conflicted as it’s used in both private and public clouds.|
Cloud Computing Services
what is a cloud-based service?
An expression that relates to programs, services or resources made available to customers when needed via the Internet from a cloud computing provider’s servers.
In total there are three types of Cloud Computing Services Resources on the internet.
- Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
Software as a Service (SaaS)
SaaS is a software submission design in which programs are organized by a source or service agency and created available to customers over a network, typically the Online.
Platform as a Service (PaaS)
PaaS signifies the distribution of operating-system and associated solutions over the Online without downloading or set up.
Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
IaaS includes freelancing the equipment used to support functions, such as storage, elements, web servers as well as social media elements, all of which are created accessible over a system.
SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS are sometimes known as jointly as the SPI design. These are cloud-computing services.
The importance of being in the cloud for businesses.
Cloud computing is definitely a new trend in business that grows more and more with new alternatives and solutions. It is essential to know the difference between the public cloud and private cloud to understand what may be the best choice for your company. The private cloud is a model used by a single organization that carries out through its own resources such as a center of data, storage racks, or nets and delivers it for use to customers. The public cloud implements the computing cloud for various organizations and they use a set of networks, storage, and processing of data that conform to the needs of each one.
Main differences between private and public cloud
The capacity of the infrastructure is probably the main difference. The public cloud is larger than private because it supports many servers as opposed to private which depends on the Organization itself. Costs are also different because the public cloud is usually more economic services are large scale and broad support for general consumption. In the case of the private cloud, costs depend on the execution and capacity of each organization while that in the public requires an investment of capital, which may vary according to the needs of users.
Why should my business in the cloud be?
Usually, companies are not accessing make use of the cloud because they do not trust a new tool for all your data and information, and for many, this tool is still unknown though is somehow becoming a global trend.
It is important to know that the degree of confidence of the private cloud is high since it is directly controlled by the user. Companies that opt for the private cloud that you control 100% of the management of your data and information and in case of any problems of any kind are, this should be corrected by the same company as opposed to the public cloud that if there a problem server always there will be another server that can replace it since the public cloud supports thousands of users.
The main users of the public cloud usually SMEs financially since this type of cloud offers them special security services as an endorsement of information, uninterrupted work, updates, and low costs.
Cloud Computing is a new model that is already here and will mark a global trend in all companies to take them to a higher technological level and able to open the road in an increasingly competitive market.