Event Log Explorer is an effective software solution for viewing, monitoring and analyzing events recorded in Security, System, Application and other logs of Microsoft Windows operating systems. It greatly extends standard Windows Event Viewer monitoring functionality and brings many new features.
It is impossible to find a system administrator, security specialist, or forensic examiner for whom the problem of Windows event log analysis has never been acute. To keep your network safe and sound you have to constantly trace valid and invalid logon attempts, events related to resource use, such as creating, opening, or deleting of files, etc. This process of monitoring Windows event logs has always devoured a lot of time.
Event Log Explorer helps you to quickly browse, find and report on problems, security warnings and all other events that are generated within Windows. Thanks to Event Log Explorer, monitoring and analysis of events recorded in Security, System, Application, Directory Service, DNS, and other logs of Microsoft Windows operating systems get much faster and really effective.
This software provides powerful event search and filtering engine. You can easily filter events in the list by any criteria. Every filter can be saved into file – this saves your time when you want to re-apply the filter in future.
Features of Event Log Explorer:
- Access Windows event logs and event log files on local and remote servers and workstations.
- Support of both classic Windows NT event log format (EVT files) and new (Crimson) event log format (EVTX files).
- High performance — all events are loaded either into memory or into an optimized internal local database.
- Active monitoring and alerting — get informed about problems immediately.
- Event log consolidation — you can consolidate different events in one place.
- Log loading options to pre-filter event logs.
- Advanced filtering by any criteria including event description text.
- Manual and automatic backup of event logs.
- Print and export to different formats.
- Analytical reports – summary tables and pivot charts.
- Credential manager.