Duolingo Download the new language learning app for ios devices. This is the most popular language-learning platform and the most downloaded education app in the world, with more than 300 million users. It is designed to feel like a game and scientifically proven to be effective.
Designed by language experts and loved by hundreds of millions of learners worldwide, This foreign language learning app helps you prepare for real conversations in Spanish, French, Chinese, Italian, German, English, and more.
Whether you’re learning a language for travel, school, career, family and friends, or your brain health, you’ll love learning with Duolingo.
Get All New Language learning App Duolingo Premium Version
If you like Duolingo, try Duolingo Plus for 7 days free! Learn a language fast with no ads, and get fun perks like Mastery Quiz to measure how much you’ve learned and downloadable courses for learning wherever you go!
If you choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable.
The Duolingo Best New Language Learning App Features
- Duolingo is fun and effective: Game-like lessons and fun characters help you in this one of the best language learning apps for speaking, reading, listening, and writing skills.
- Duolingo works: Designed by language experts, Duolingo has a science-based teaching methodology proven to foster long-term language retention.
- Track your progress: Work toward your language learning goals with playful rewards and achievements when you make practicing a daily habit!
- Join the community: With 300+ million learners worldwide, you’re part of a language community on Duolingo.
- Every language course is free: Learn Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Turkish, Dutch, Irish, Danish, Swedish, Ukrainian, Esperanto, Polish, Greek, Hungarian, Norwegian, Hebrew, Welsh, Arabic, Latin, Hawaiian, Scottish Gaelic, Vietnamese, Korean, Japanese, English, and even High Valyrian!
More Key Features of Best Language Learning App
- Personalized learning: Duolingo lessons adapt to your learning style. Exercises are tailored to help you learn and review vocabulary effectively.
- Stay motivated with rewards: Earn virtual coins, unlock new levels, and watch your fluency score rise as you master new words, phrases, and grammar.
- Receive immediate grading: Instantly see which answers you get correct. When you miss a challenge, we’ll quickly show you how to improve.
- Improve quickly: Duolingo works. A study has shown that 34 hours of Duolingo are equal to 1 university semester of language courses.
Pros And Cons
|Game-like teaching approach||It doesn’t have the community features|
|It provides various types of exercises||It can’t earn points or buy using them|
|It offers daily quizzes to strengthen memory||This app not too effective in teaching compared to its rival|
How To Use Duolingo Language Learning App
Duolingo Language Learning App For iPhone FAQs
Can You Become Fluent With Duolingo?
“Fluent” is a misleading way to measure how well you know a language, because it implies there is an endpoint to learning it. In fact, there’s no test or language criteria for deciding if someone is “fluent,” and language learning experts instead talk about proficiency.
You might aspire to “fluency,” but “comfortable” might be what you’re really getting at – and you can feel comfortable even as a beginner, depending on your goals! The language you need to travel as a tourist for a week is really different from the language needs of a professional in the workplace.
How Can I Use Duolingo?
You can start learning with any mobile device and PC. If you are using iPhone then, just click above download button.
Here’s a helpful guide on how to use Duolingo:
All language courses will have a learning tree filled with helpful skills (those colorful circles). Each skill will contain 5 levels, starting with level 0. These levels will then contain individual lessons.
As you progress through your lessons, whether completing them individually or through skill test-out (key icon), you will earn Crowns. With 5 levels in each skill, you’ll earn 5 Crowns when you successfully master a skill. Still want to practice that skill after reaching level 5? No worries, you can tap ‘Practice’ to flex your muscle with that specific skill.
How Do I Adjust The Time Of My Daily Practice Reminder?
To keep on top of your lessons everyday and maintain your streak, you can set a daily practice reminder via a phone notification or email.
- Tap the Profile tab (face icon)
- Tap Settings (gear icon)
- Scroll to ‘Notifications’ section
- Tap the phone icon to enable in-app notification and tap the envelope icon to enable email reminders
- Edit the Reminder time and AM/PM to your preference
- Tap ‘DONE’ on the top right of the screen when you are finished
If you do not need notification then you can disable it.
My Account Is In The Another Language I Do Not Understand! How Do I Change It Back?
If your Duolingo account is displayed in a foreign language and you need to switch it back to English (or another language), don’t panic! The UI language can be changed.
- Mouse over the dropdown near the flag icon.
- Select another course. That should bring you back to English (or your preferred interface language).
You can also tap the + icon to add a new course in the correct user interface language.
Duolingo is among the best language learning apps for fluency in different language learning in a way that challenges beginners. However, for advanced learners, it’s not as effective due to its limit on conversational speech lessons and fostering such within a community.