DU Meter is an Internet usage monitor for your desktop computer. It shows real-time graphs and can create reports and alerts based on your downloads and uploads. Monitor your Internet connection and accurately meter network traffic with DU Meter for Windows PC. This DU Meter free download is fully functional and can be used for 30 days for free. If you would like to keep it after 30 days, you will need to get a license. The app provides an accurate account of the data which is flowing through your computer’s network connection. This real-time readout is presented in both numerical and graphical format.
DU Meter includes a powerful logging tool that allows it to generate hourly, daily, weekly, and monthly reports comprising incoming and outgoing traffic. Additionally, it offers professional-looking charts to help you keep an eye on network transfers, but also multiple display modes to assist you in this regard.
DU Meter free download utility which includes an extensive logging facility, flexible events system, and it works with virtually all types of network connections including phone modems, DSL, cable modem, LAN and satellite. By using DU Meter, you can observe or anticipate unexpected changes and even receive alerts about dangerous or unexpected network activity.
With an easy to navigate interface, the application sports a fully customizable floating window that shows network traffic. Besides the fact that users can choose between three different graph types area, line and bar. there are also three available modes: one graph, two separate graphs and two separate graphs with the zero line between them.
DU Meter for windows 10 integrates a specially designed toolbar in the Taskbar, keeping you up to date with incoming and outgoing traffic in real-time.
You can also set up alarms to be informed when certain traffic milestones are reached in addition, it features a stopwatch to monitor total transferred data, the maximum, the average and the current transfer rate.
DU Meter Software Features
- Provides clear graphical and/or numerical display.
- Logging facility with export to many different file formats, including Excel and HTML.
- Permits close supervision of uploads and downloads.
- Works with Dial-Up, ISDN, Cable Modem, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more.
- Option to select specific network interface.
- Requires minimal screen real estate and system resources.
- Simple installation.
- Involves no changes to your Windows system files.
- Configurable to load with Windows.
- Auto-hide feature minimizes the meter to the system tray in the absence of network activity.
- Readout in either kB/sec (kilobytes per second) or kbps (kilobits per second).
- Scalable to your own modem download capabilities.
- Option to view readout in moment-to-moment or average values.
- Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity drops below a certain level.
- Useful stopwatch to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates.
What’s new in DU Meter?
Added a menu option to select the current tab from the tray icon pop-up menu. This option is enabled only when click-through mode is active, as it’s most useful in the click-through mode.
- DU Meter window is no longer shown on an Alt-Tab list of windows.
- Click-through mode was incompatible with, and could not be enabled while in High-Contrast color mode.
- Miscellaneous minor fixes to localization and translation.
- Clearing the DU Meter graph. If DU Meter’s graph scaling or averaging gets in your way, you can clear the graph with just one click.
Pros and Cons of DU Meter
|Can warn impending connection Problems||Doesn’t block or prevent attacks on your network traffic|
|Logs all traffic going through the network||Data can be hard to understand without user guide|
|Operating System||Window 7/ Window 8/Window 10 (32 bit,64 bit)|
|Software Name||DU Meter For Windows V 7.30|
|File Size||6.2 MB|
|Requirements||Window 7/ Window 8/Window 10 (32 bit,64 bit)|
|Date added||February 14, 2018|
|Author||Hagel Technologies / DU Meter https://www.hageltech.com/about/us|