Xmanager is the market’s leading PC X remote server that brings the power of X applications to a Windows environment. With this software, X applications installed on remote UNIX based machines run seamlessly with Windows application side by side. It provides a powerful session management console, easy-to-use X application launcher, X server profile management tool, SSH module, and a high-performance of this server for securely accessing a remote and virtualized UNIX and Linux environment.
Running an application that is not specifically tailored for the Windows platform requires a particular environment and dedicated software that can overcome inherent incompatibilities. Insofar as X Window System and its apps are concerned, the current solution chosen by lots of users worldwide is called Xmanager.
Today’s IT infrastructure requires various operating systems to run side by side. UNIX and Linux are rapidly replacing mainframes and Windows servers, but Windows is still the platform of choice when it comes to desktop PCs. Since X Window System is the standard technology that any modern UNIX based system is packaged with, the software requires no additional server-side installation, and only small to no changes are required to your existing IT infrastructure. The tool provides a single point of access to consolidate heterogeneous Operating Systems and provides a flexible work environment to increase productivity.
The app is used in various fields of work including large-scale craft and semiconductor designing and server management in an IDC (Internet Data Center). It is widely used by server administrators of universities and corporations, as well as personal users who want to connect to remote hosts over the internet. The app is an easy and powerful PC X server designed to satisfy the needs and wants of these various users.
Able to bridge over Windows and Unix or Linux, this server allows users to install and deploy side-by-side programs that are native to any of the aforementioned operating systems. Remote connectivity is one of the paramount features that recommend Xmanager and it also packs loads of other goodies under its hood.
With the help of this software, you will be able to have full control over the sessions, thanks to a powerful management console. X apps can be easily deployed using the built-in launcher, while server profiles can be administered with ease through a dedicated module.
Xmanager Remote Server Software Features
- Connect to the remote server system whether you are at work or at home: If your home and office PC are connected to the internet, you can work remotely from home. It is impossible to handle all business tasks with only text-based terminals (such as telnet). The Secure XDMCP feature of the tool will connect from a private network or even from behind a firewall.
- Share the X applications and Unix/Linux server systems: A group of users can share various X applications like CAD/GIS that run on Unix server systems. This is especially useful in an environment such as a company’s training facility or computer rooms of schools where user groups often switch in and out.
- Run MS Windows and Unix/Linux applications simultaneously: The software helps you finish your job efficiently in a complex network environment. You can easily switch from window to window on your computer screen.
- Be creative with 3D applications: Start your creative work with the tool. Other PC X Servers may require you to purchase extra 3D add-on. With version 5, the app Standard comes in standard with the OpenGL support. X manager supports OpenGL out of the box and allows running CAD and other GLX based 3D tools.
- Open SSH/TELNET/FTP/SFTP sessions in Xbrowser: It is even more closely integrated with Xshell and Xftp. You can now start a connection using various connection protocols without creating a new session. For example, you can create a session for XDMCP and use the same session for SSH or FTP without importing them from Xshell or Xftp.
- User-defined session path: This feature will be most beneficial to corporations with 1,000+ employees. Using Xmanager, users can set their own default session directory. This allows system administrators to set up the session once to be shared by all users.
- Graphical improvement of user interface: Xmanager supports XRender extension. This is a relatively new technology that is used in many X applications to enhance user experience and improve productivity. With Render extension, there is a variety of readable fonts in a refined work environment.
- Safer & Easier way to access remote UNIX/Linux: Xmanager supports Secure XDMCP which allows users to access remote hosts even if the PC is behind a firewall or gateway.
- Powerful session management tool: This is a powerful session management tool for all NetSarang products. In Xbrowser, you can manage sessions for Xmanager, Xshell, and Xftp. With this software, it is now easier and faster to access UNIX/Linux, SSH/TELNET, and SFTP/FTP servers.
In order to start the FTP session and transfer some files, or if launching a Telnet/SSH connection, all you have to do is type the necessary commands in the address bar of the X browser and press ‘Go’. The SSH protocol can be configured in detail so you will get strong encryption for all data exchanged between the environments.
How To Install Xmanager For Windows
|Operating System||Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Vista Service Pack 1, Microsoft Windows Terminal Server, Citrix MetaFrame from Windows|
|Processor||Intel Pentium processor|
|Memory||512 MB (recommends 512 MB)|
|Storage||200 MB Free hard Disk Space|
|Software Name||Xmanager Software For Windows V 6.0 Build 0191|
|File Size||52.4 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Developer||NetSarang Computer, Inc.|
Xmanager PC X Remote Server is undoubtedly one of the best choices one can make to bring together completely different operating system architectures and their applications.