Xenko is an open-source C# game studio designed for the future of gaming. It comes with a full toolchain and is especially well suited to creating realistic games but allows you much more! The program effort is proudly supported by Silicon Studio Corp, a 16-year-old technology and services company of 300+ employees, dedicated to driving entertainment forward. Silicon Studio develops world-class products to help developers maximize the potential of leading-edge digital media technology.
Xenko Game Studio is a highly modular engine that focuses on realistic rendering and that enables you to create games ready for virtual reality devices. The open-source tool includes a robust, yet intuitive toolchain that can provide more flexibility to developers.
The application comes with a modern interface that is designed like a docker so that you have all resources readily available whenever necessary. The idea behind the GUI is to make it easier for you to work in a pipeline so you can view and go back and forth to the desired elements.
The app comes with an advanced graphic composer that for the time being allows you to use building blocks. However, the developer announced that the editing of these blocks is very likely to be available in future releases.
The program comes with numerous editors that permit you to customize each aspect of the game minutely. Therefore, you can build the UI, create scenes or levels, sprites or characters as well as design animation curves directly in the editor.
Xenko Game Studio For PC Features
Xenko’s clustered forward rendering, with its multisample anti-aliasing, makes it ideal for VR. Enabling VR is as simple as a single click. The Game Studio uses a single API for every device, with native support for Oculus and HTV Vive (more devices coming very soon). It comes with a VR game sample that shows you how to implement VR gameplay, including environment interaction and teleportation.
VR sample: Stride comes with a VR game sample that shows you how to implement VR gameplay, including environment interaction and teleportation.
Optimized performance: Get the best VR performance with clustered forward rendering, single-pass rendering, multi-threading, and next-gen graphics API support.
VR preview: Save valuable time by visualizing and testing VR directly from the scene editor.
With Xenko for a free game engine, there’s no need to be a rendering expert to make great-looking games. The engine does the work for you, so you can focus on the important stuff. The app’s PBR materials, light probes, post effects, multithreading, and next-gen graphics API support deliver realistic graphics with outstanding performance. The flexible pipeline, accessible low-level APIs, and customizable shaders let you tweak the rendering as much as you need.
- PBR materials: Bring your game one step closer to reality with physically-based materials. Create infinite variations of materials by layering them together.
- Light probes: Increase graphics realism by adding indirect lighting to static and dynamic objects of your game with our new light probe system.
- DirectX 12 and Vulkan: Increase the performance of your game thanks to next-generation explicit graphics APIs: multi-thread your rendering and reduce driver overhead.
- Particles: Add life and realism to your game using the fully integrated particle system. Particles can be edited from the scene editor.
- Advanced shader language: Say goodbye to uber shader problems. Split shaders logically with Stride’s composition-based shader language, written on top of HLSL.
- Post effects: Add photorealistic effects to your game with post-effects. Stride supports all the most common effects such as Depth of Field, Bloom, etc.
It comes with a robust toolchain that enables you to intuitively and efficiently create, manage, and modify all assets of your game. The suite of editors simplifies and automates common development workflows. Its nested prefab and archetype systems scale along with all editors and assets. The Game Studio has also been designed so that it can be extended easily. A plug-in system to help users extend the Game Studio is coming soon!
- Graphics compositor: Customize the rendering pipeline of your game in a visual way using building blocks. Future versions will even allow you to edit the building blocks themselves.
- Nested prefabs: Edit a prefab and every instance updates automatically, saving hours of work. You can even edit prefabs inside other prefabs.
- UI editor: Build the UI of your game visually and intuitively. Create UI libraries and leverage the prefab system to automatically update all your UI elements’ design.
- Scene editor: Create your game scenes and levels simply by dragging and dropping your objects from the asset view to the desired places.
- Sprite editor: Create and edit sprites visually in the editor. Stride automatically creates optimized atlases from your sprite sheets.
- Curve editor: Intuitively animate the value of your properties by creating animation curves directly in the editor.
Whether you’re indie or AAA, It lets you focus on your ideas rather than technical concerns. It comes with a full set of modules dedicated to editing every part of your game. Each is provided out of the box and integrated into the engine. Modern C# scripting with shader and script hot reload lets you build prototypes and iterate fast.
- C# scripting: Built-in C#, Stride gives you access to the low-level APIs, C#7.0 and asynchronous scripting, and comes with a script editor.
- Scene streaming: Easily create vast worlds by streaming objects in and out of your scenes. Divide your world into subscenes to avoid editing conflicts.
- Physics: Simulate the laws of physics, trigger events, and easily detect collisions in your game by using Stride’s physics system.
- Navigation: Easily and efficiently find paths to move your characters around using navigation meshes. The scene editor automatically updates them for you.
- Multi-threading: Improve the performance of your game by using a completely multi-threaded engine. Stride does all the arduous work for you in an optimized way.
- Animation: Play and blend animations created in 3D modeling tools and animate any property of your game. The storyboard editor coming soon.
Given the sheer number of games available nowadays, it goes without saying that users value and do expect excellent graphics. You will be happy to learn that the program allows you to use a wide variety of light probes, multithreading, PBR materials, and the latest API graphics to make highly realistic visuals.
Creating realistic objects can be achieved via the physically-based materials for which you can come up with endless variations by layering them together. In addition, you can add indirect lighting, including a fully integrated particle system and photo-realistic effects, all of which are baked by split and composition-based shaders and multithread rendering.
Whether you are thinking of getting involved in the game development industry or you are looking for a versatile, yet advanced tool to help make your idea a reality, Xenko for the best Game Engine might be worth a try.
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8.1, 10|
|Memory||4GB (minimum), 8GB (recommended)|
|Storage Space||5GB Free Hard Disk Space|
|IDE for writing code||Visual Studio 2019|
|Processor||64 Bit Processor|
|GPU||Direct3D 10+ compatible GPU|
|Software Name||Xenko Game Studio Software For Windows V 3.1|
|File Size||43.3 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Developer||Silicon Studio Corp.|
Download Software For PC