WO Mic can turn your device to be a mic for Windows System. You need not pay any amount to purchase a new cellphone. And it’s your smartphone if you choose wireless transport. Many people have installed it and are using it daily for talking, recording, voice remote control and other activities.
Regardless of whether you are playing video games with your friends, chatting on Skype or perhaps take advantage of a new speech-to-text feature of a program you are trying out, a microphone could surely come in handy. However, sometimes it just happens that your old one broke and you do not have one readily available.
WO Mic is a lightweight piece of software that allows you to transform your Android device into a fully functional microphone.
The setup is fast, easy and does not require any special attention from your part. Nevertheless, the driver should be installed so that you can route your voice to other applications that you are commonly using and that require a mic.
Once you installed the application along with the associated driver and you downloaded the mobile application on your Android tablet or smartphone, you can establish the connection and start using the mobile device as a microphone. As far as quality is concerned, the app should act like a jack that supports 48000 sample rate, mono channel and 16 bits per sample.
There are 3 components of WO Mic:
- WO Mic App which runs on the phone. It captures your voice through the phone microphone and transmits them to Windows PC.
- WO Mic Client which runs on the computer. It connects to app, receives voice data and passes them to a virtual mic device.
- WO Mic Virtual Device. It also runs on computer, though in kernel space. It receives voice data from client program, simulates a real microphone device, and provides audio data to applications like audio recording for PC.
Wo Mic Features
- Wireless microphone without any cost
- Can be used with any programs on PC just like a REAL microphone
- Very short lag
- Easy to configure and use
- Supports auto reconnection when your PC reboots
- Support multiple connection methods: Wifi, Bluetooth and USB
- Audio format: 48000 sampling rate, 16 bits per sample, mono channel
Connect from the client on the computer
- Launch WO Mic Client
- Select Connection -> Connect…
- In transport dialog, select the same transport as you did on the phone in step 2
- Specify the target app device corresponding to selected transport:
- Wifi. Enter the IP address shown on app main UI
- Bluetooth. Select the phone Bluetooth name in the drop-down list
- Click Ok.
- Once client shows to be connected, you can choose WO Mic as the microphone device.
Start server on the phone
- Launch the app on the phone.
- In-app settings, choose the transport you intend. Leave other options as default.
- Back to main UI and click Start on to start the server.
- If it prompts not enough permission, please grant microphone or audio record permission to this app on the Android device.
Whether your old microphone broke and you cannot communicate properly in various applications and services or you just need a cost-effective solution until you get a new jack, WO Mic can lend you a hand.
Frequently Asked Questions for Wo Mic
How can you uninstall the WO Mic device driver in Windows?
You can follow the steps to uninstall WO Mic driver in Windows:
- Right-click on Computer icon on the desktop and select Properties
- Select Device manager
- Click on Sound, video and game controller
- Right-click on WO Mic Device and select Uninstall.
You might need to reboot your computer after the uninstall is finished.
How to enable USB debugging on Android phones?
Go to Settings -> Developer options. Check USB Debugging.
- On most devices running Android 3.2 or older, you can find the option in Settings > Applications > Development.
- On Android 4.2 and newer, Developer options are hidden by default. To make it available, go to Settings > About phone and tap Build number seven times. Return to the previous screen to find Developer options.
|Software Name||Wo Mic Software For PC V 4.6|
|File Size||1.73 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
Download And Install Software
|Android Application||Windows Software||Virtual Driver|