WizTree Software is a hard drive disk space analyzer much faster. WizTree is the world’s fastest disk space analyzer. It scans your hard drive and shows you which files and folders are using the most disk space. It does this in the Fastest way possible – you simply won’t find any other application of this type that’s quicker! Use the information Wiz Tree provides to quickly locate and remove “space hogs” from your hard drive.
WizTree is a simple-to-use application that comes in handy for identifying the files which are taking up the most space on your hard disk, in order to take the appropriate measures for managing clutter.
The setup operation finishes in no time. You are greeted by a comfortable interface, consisting of a standard window with a well-defined structure. All you have to do is select the target drive and scan it with the click of a button.
What makes WizTree so fast?
When scanning NTFS formatted hard drives (most modern hard drives use this format), It reads the hard drive’s Master File Table (MFT) directly from the disk. The MFT is a special hidden file used by the NTFS file system to keep track of all files and folders on a hard drive. Scanning for files this way completely bypasses the operating system (Windows) and provides a huge performance boost.
WizTree Software Benefits
- Exporting WizTree File Data to CSV File: Press Ctrl+Alt+E or right-click on a file/folder and select “Export to CSV file…”. The selected files and/or folders will be exported to a comma-separated value file (.CSV format). The information exported will depend on which view is currently active (Tree View or File View). If no files or folders are selected then ALL files and folders will be exported.
- Copying file/folder data to Clipboard: Press Ctrl+Alt+C or right-click on a file/folder and select “Copy file and size info to clipboard”. File size and name information will be copied to the clipboard in a human-friendly format, suitable for pasting into emails, support forum posts, or text documents. The files will be indented to match the current tree structure, and only currently visible files within the selection will be included.
- Command Line Export: As of WizTree Software, it’s now possible to automatically export file data to the CSV file via the command line.
- Command Line MFT Dump: As of WizTree version 3.22 it’s possible to dump the MFT file via command line.
Exporting WizTree File Data to CSV File
e.g. If the main “C:\” folder is selected, then the entire contents of C:\ will be exported If “C:\Windows” and “C:\Users” are both selected then the contents of both of these folders will be exported
Copying file/folder data to Clipboard
WizTree Software Features
- Finds the files and folders using the most space on your hard drive
- VERY Fast! It reads the master file table (MFT) directly from NTFS formatted hard drives (similar to the way Everything Search Engine works)
- Visual Treemap allows you to spot large files and large collections of smaller files at a glance
- Finds the largest files on your hard drive. Every single file on your hard drive can be sorted in order of size.
- File Name Search – quickly locate files by name or wildcard match
- Export file data to CSV (comma-separated values) file or clipboard
- Import CSV file data back into Wiz Tree for viewing
- Command-line CSV file export
- Sort the contents of your entire hard drive by folder size and optionally delete files and folders
- Scan ALL hard drive file system types (NTFS, FAT, FAT32, network, etc) and/or individual folders
Pros And Cons
|Much snappier than similar programs||Doesn’t work with non-NTFS formatted disks|
|Free tool||Lacks a treemap|
What’s new in WizTree Software 3.32?
- Windows Explorer integration was not working correctly with windows desktop and in folder backgrounds (fixed).
Toggle Windows Explorer integration off and on again if you already had WizTree installed before upgrading to this version to fix the problem.
- Adding or removing a USB drive will now update the drive list automatically
- Updated various translation files
|Operating System||Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Software Name||WizTree Software For Windows V 3.32|
|File Size||3.34 MB|
WizTree Software has a good response time and displays accurate information while using moderate RAM and low CPU. It does not burden machine performance or interrupt normal user activity.