UltraEdit‘s text editing features make editing lists and columns an intuitive experience, not the exercise in tedium it used to be. With features like multi-caret editing, column/block editing, and multi-select, it’s a simple text editor when you want it to be, and a multi-cursor power editor when you need it to be.
The environment you work in is a personal thing. And with UltraEdit‘s deeply customizable new menuing system, your perfect in-app menu awaits. The brand new menu allows you to switch between a full ribbon, compact ribbon and menu/toolbar system, all with only the buttons you’d like. Whether it’s in the file you’re working on or another file in your project, The program is going to help you find what you’re looking for. Run a simple, standard search, or give us the lengthiest regular expression you’ve ever concocted. Powerful regex search coupled with detailed filters and search options at the ready when you need them to add up to truly powerful search experience.
The software features an integrated FTP browser and supports syntax highlighting for hundreds of languages, with more always in the works. And with an integrated SSH/telnet client, scripting, custom tools, macros, and Smart Templates, the app’s ready for any coding session. Find yourself trying to edit large files? It would not only be up for the task but excel where others fail. Need to run a find and replace on a massive data file? – It makes large file editing doable again.
You are welcomed by a quick start guide that shows you how to perform various tasks in UltraEdit. This is ideal for novice users.
When you first initialize it, you can configure programming, web development, and general file associations. Although it’s a program with a fairly small size, UltraEdit has a complex interface.
The main sections found here are File View (a tree structure in which you browse hard drives, CDs or FTP accounts for files), Open Files, Output Window, and Template List, while the sidebar contains Clipboard History, Macro List, Script List, and XML Manager.
There are many, many features displayed in the menu bar, so you need some time to go through everything. If you do not know where to start, just use the help file. This software has a column mode that changes the editor so you can select the text, a class viewer, a resource editor, and code folding.
UltraEdit Text Editor For Windows Software Features
Choose one of the core themes or try beautiful user-contributed themes to get UltraEdit 64 bit looking exactly how you’d like it to. Take it a step further by modifying your theme or creating a new one from scratch, then contribute it back for the rest of users to enjoy.
It features the most powerful and intuitive multi-caret editing and multi-selection capabilities in the business. Once your cursors or selections are where you want them to be, you can copy, cut, paste, select, and delete just the same as you normally would.
If it can be searched for, It will find it. But the search is almost the wrong word. With the power to search with regular expressions, search across files, find a needle in a 4GB haystack, or just quickly find a word you’re looking for, this isn’t searching. This is omniscience.
When editing horizontally just isn’t quite good enough, Column Mode is there for you. Use Column Mode to intuitively edit along the Y-axis anywhere in your document. It’s just one of the many powerful ways It helps you edit tabular data or code files.
Integrated FTP, SSH & Telnet
Whether you need to make quick edits to a file on a server or upload a massive codebase, Ultra Edit’s integrated FTP capabilities and SSH/Telnet make it easy to work with remote files and interact with servers from a single, powerful application.
This menu system has been rebuilt from the ground up to make it even more customizable than ever. A deeply customizable new menu can be laid out however you’d like. Set yourself up with Ribbon mode for a familiar look and feel. Or maybe you prefer the simple toolbar with only your most commonly needed features. The possibilities are endless.
Edit large files
The editor is built to edit the large files that cause other text editors to crash. People who deal with databases and large log files absolutely love products for this very reason.
4k UHD support
It looks great on Retina and other ultra high-definition displays. If you haven’t upgraded yet, no need to worry. It’ll be ready for you when you do.
This text editor software is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux. Even if you’ve got one of those distros nobody’s heard of, there’s a good chance that may be able to help you.
- Easily open and edit large files – 4 GB and beyond!
- Multi-caret editing and multi-select
- Column (block) mode editing
- Powerful search: Find & replace in files, regular expressions, inverse search, etc.
- File compare
- Code syntax highlighting for nearly any programming language
- Code folding and hierarchical function listing
- Beautify and reformat source code
- Powerful XML handling: XML tree view, reformatting, validation, etc.
- Auto-closing XML/HTML tags
- Smart templates – automatic intelligent code completion
- Editor themes – skin the entire app
- Powerful and configurable tools
- File and data sorting
- Integrated FTP client (supports FTP, SFTP, and FTPS)
- Integrated SSH/telnet client
- Filtered spell checker
- Unicode/UTF-8 support
- Split/duplicate window editing
- Hex editing
- Macros and scripts for automated editing
- CSV data reformatting
- Logfile polling
- File encryption and decryption
- Integrated Ctags (symbols listing)
- Base64 encode/decode
- Project support
- Robust bookmarking
It supports command line parameters, drag and drops files, and text, but also sports a PHP script debugger and a spell checker while you write. You can brace match functionality, view the total number of lines which contain the find string, and more. On top of everything else, UltraEdit uses a small amount of CPU and memory resources.
What’s New In UltraEdit Text Editor For Windows
- Cloud Sync
- Secure, cloud-based syncing of settings between different systems
- Authenticate with Google, GitHub, or Microsoft account
- Push / pull all settings, or specific settings categories
- Backup/restore system
- Manage, rename, and remove instances from sync account
- Requires a subscription license including Cloud Services
- Compute hash for the active file or selected text (Coding tab » Tools group)
- MD5, CRC, SHA1, and SHA256 algorithms calculated and shown
- Copy hash value from result dialog
- Keymapping available
- Command-line support available:
uedit64 /md5|/crc|/sha1|/sha256 <file>
- No file size limitations
- New file tab sorting methods (file tab context menu) to sort open files by:
- File extension
- New tab sorting methods can be set to automatically sort on file open (Settings » Application layout » File tabs » Miscellaneous)
- Modernized settings and config dialogs
- Apply / OK buttons removed where applicable
- Obsolete settings and controls removed
- Unlimited bookmark support
- Set unlimited bookmarks in a fil even multi-GB files with hundreds of thousands of bookmarks
- Greatly improved performance for toggling bookmarks and with Bookmark Viewer
- New option “Bookmark matching lines” in Find dialog
- Automatically set bookmarks for all lines containing match (instead of using Find String List)
- Find bookmarks are tracked and appear separately from standard bookmarks
- Allows you to quickly and easily delete, cut, or copy all lines containing the search string
- Clear Find bookmarks (Home » Bookmarks sub-menu) while preserving manually set bookmarks
- Improved XML support
- XML compress / minify
- Greatly improved performance for parsing / reformatting huge multi-gigabyte XML files
- Improved support for parsing/formatting multi-byte character sets
- New option in function list context menu to avoid automatically expanding function
- Support for horizontal scrolling via Shift + Mouse wheel
- Supports files in excess of 4GB.
- Minimum RAM used even for multi-megabyte files.
- Configuration options for temp files and large file handling.
|Software Name||UltraEdit Software For Windows V 126.96.36.199|
|File Size||92.3 MB|
|License||Free Trial For 30 Days|
|Developer||IDM Computer Solutions, Inc|
So, if you want the necessary software components of a web developer and programmer all rolled up into one, then you can take a look at this text editor for Windows Software.
Download Software For PC