Tinder for PC is not a new thing. In fact, it has been going on for a while now. And if you belong to a few people who have not yet tried Tinder for PC, then this article will help you get one and install on your Windows device.
The Tinder app started back in the year 2012, and it has been around since then. It is garnering members by millions every year. Currently, Tinder boasts more than 100 million downloads and still counting. That statistic alone is just on the Android platform. And we are not yet talking about the iOS downloads. So far, it never showed any signs of slowing down or even stopping. It has been reported that the app is registering 1 billion swipes per day.
The swipe gesture is the one that made the Tinder a significant app that made a lot of difference in the mobile community. Surpassing even the likes of Imo messenger, WeChat app, Snapchat, Kik messaging app. For those people that are still new to Tinder, it is basically a matchmaking app. Although it revolves around the social media platform, it is considered by many as a dating app. Tinder supports a direct message if the one you like will like you back.
According to record, the Tinder app has already established more than 20 billion matches to date. So if you are the lonely-type and is currently looking for a partner, it might help you to get involved in the Tinder community. Who knows, this might be your ticket to a romantic life.
Download Tinder for PC
Downloading only the Tinder app will NOT run on Windows PC. You need to read the full instruction on how to properly install the file on any Windows machine.
How to Download and Install Tinder for PC
To start off this tutorial on how to get Tinder for PC, you must know that no official Tinder app was developed for Windows. But that does not mean that you can never use Tinder for PC. You can still do. And we have options for you.
Method 1: Use Android Emulator
In this first method, we will be using an Android emulator. So you can run the full Tinder app on your PC with ease and reliability. In case your internet connection is slow, you can use a download accelerator such as IDM software to boost your download up to five times. If you are ready, let’s start.
- First and foremost is to get a copy of the BlueStacks installer. We are choosing BlueStacks is because of the fact that it is the most popular Android emulator and it is quite reliable in terms of performance. But if you have another Android emulator in mind, you may choose to download and use it. But if you are okay with BlueStacks, you can get a copy of the installer from the BlueStacks official website. We also have a BlueStacks download button if you want to directly and immediately download it.
- As mentioned earlier, the emulator is quite a huge file, so if you have a slow internet connection, it would help to have IDM installed on your computer for faster download speed.
- When the download finishes, double-click on the BlueStacks installer to initiate the installation process.
- You may choose to create a new folder dedicated to the BlueStacks emulator or just follow the on-screen prompt for the Windows installation progress. Typically, the location is inside the Program Files folder.
- Now, when the installation finishes, a BlueStacks desktop icon will appear on the main desktop. Double-click on it to launch the emulator.
- Since this will be your first time to use the BlueStacks emulator, expect a short tutorial about its on-screen controls and some familiarization. After some clicks, you will see a familiar desktop user interface similar to that of an Android tablet.
- You do not have to do anything yet. Just leave it running in the background for now.
- Somewhere in this article, you will find the Tinder APK file download button, click on it to get the APK file.
- After the download, drag and drop the APK file to the BlueStacks running window to install Tinder. You can also double-click on the APK file and Tinder will automatically install on the emulator.
- Find the Tinder icon on the screen and click on it to start using Tinder for PC.
Method 2: Tinder For PC On The Web
This Tinder on the web browser method is for people who do not want to install anything on their computer. This is also applicable if you are not using your own laptop or PC but want to log in to your Tinder account. Just make sure to always clear the browser history after you finish using Tinder. Otherwise, the owner of the laptop might see your activity, check chat history, or mess with your account. Whatever the case is, just delete any sign of your online activities if it is not your Windows device you are using.
Go to the link that we provided as it will direct you to the Tinder official website. Just look for the login button on the topmost right of the site. Click on it to enter your Tinder account information and confirm log-in.
Tinder For PC Software Features
- Hide adverts: Ad-free experience is a huge benefit of paid users.
- Boost: This is a queue-jumping feature allowing to compromise ranking algorithms and come on top of user list (that is for a moment to become the most ‘desirable’ candidate – all’s possible for the one who pays. A server-based feature.
- Super like: Swipe up to Super-like someone. Matches who you have Super-liked will have a blue star next to their name in the list. With this feature, you notify a user of your interest instead of anonymously liking them in the hope of mutual interest. They will see a blue banner underneath your name. That increases your chances of a match threefold. Tinder Gold grants 5 Super likes per day. The same feature is limited to 1 Super like per day in Tinder’s free version.
- Likes you: You can see who likes you before you swipe. Besides, you see all your likes on the screen as a gallery and know if they like you back.
- Rewind button (undo dislikes) The button cancels the previous dislikes and gives the candidates a second chance. In the app’s free version a user can’t ‘look back & rsquo, and reconsider the last match.
- Location change (Passport): Each time a user logs in, GPS-based matching creates a list of new user profiles to swipe through. In Tinder Plus, a user may alter location at will while actually staying at a different location themselves – this is Passport.
- Unlimited right swipes: What you actually do is declare a maximum number of swipes per day in the free version of the app and disable this feature in the paid one.
- Smart photos: The feature uses an ML algorithm to automatically adjust the order of a user’s photos depending on who’s swiping on the other end. So what one person sees as a default picture may be different for another based on their typical swiping patterns analyzed by the algorithm. It’s designed to “maximize the potential” of the first profile image and appeal to a wider audience.
- Moments: This Snapchat-like feature didn’t work well for Tinder and was ‘swiped left’ on after a year. It allowed to create and share photos (moments) using various image filters, with text, and scribble on them in various colors. A clicked moment remained active for 24 hours. The purpose of Moments was, according to Tinder co-founder Sean Rad, to jump-start conversations among matches. If a match liked your Moment, they could swipe right. The app would notify you of their interest, and then you could both start chatting.
- High-profile dating (Tinder Select): Tinder Select is an invite-only service for elite and celebrity Tinder members. Perhaps, exclusivity is also the reason why not much is known about the functionality. It’s a tier of the regular Tinder app and users of Tinder Select can toggle back and forth between both services. Tinder hasn’t announced Tinder Select and wasn’t interested in speaking to Tech Crunch about it. But one thing is for certain: elite dating apps are on the rise.
- Swipes between groups of people (Tinder Social): The feature allows you to switch to the ‘Social’ mode and back and either swipe on individuals or together with your friends swipe on other groups. Other features in Tinder Social include:
Other Features Of Tinder App
- Support group chats for those who made a lot of friends or invited friends on the Tinder app.
- Swipe right if you like the image or swipe to the left if you are not interested.
- You can use the Super Like feature if you find the picture to your utmost liking.
- Facebook account integration for easy login and no registration required.
- The app is now cross-platform as you can use the Tinder platform from any popular operating system like Android, iOS, Mac OS, Windows mobile, and Windows OS.
- Supports image upload to group chats for a more fun chatting and interaction.
- Choose your preferred location, so Tinder can show you only people from a specific area.
- It also integrates with Instagram so you will be able to see more pictures of the person that you like.
The Tinder for PC method is an alternative for those who are unable to access their mobile phones at the moment. Or perhaps best for those who want a bigger screen estate to see the pictures better. This is also good for situations where you are only stuck with your Windows device at the moment, and you have no choice at all.