TheBrain for Windows Mind Mapping Software (formerly PersonalBrain) creates a digital home for your mind. Organize Web pages, notes, and documents the way you think in a visual map. This software boosts productivity with BrainBox for quick adhoc knowledge capture. New semantic tagging tools enable advanced information categorization and discovery. Plus improved UI, speed, and much more.
TheBrain lets you see how your ideas and information are related. Use powerful visualization to discover information that would normally be overlooked, make connections and gain new understanding of your projects and content. Your digital Brain works across multiple platforms and computers and can be synchronized across multiple machines. Access your Brain from TheBrain desktop software, a Web browser, or even your mobile device. Keep your data locally, plus a backup online for remote access and sharing with friends.
Activate any idea or file in seconds. The software not only brings up the right idea but lets you see how it relates to everything else… so you are prepared for anything. This means you can shift contexts quickly and get an immediate visual briefing by viewing connected topics.
The GUI may look a bit overwhelming because the program has a lot of features to digest so you need to invest some extra time into decoding its functions. A help manual and tips are available in case you need to know more about specific features.
Designing a brand-new project (‘New Brain’) can be done by providing information about the name. You may also choose between several templates, such as Business, Brainstorming, Education, IT Management, and Business.
You can merge and rename projects, create ZIP archives so you can share projects via email, and print data. You may import information from IE Favorites and XML, DOCX, MMAP, OPML, MM, OWL, or plain text file format. Plus, you may export data to an image file, or HTML and XML files.
Statistics include information about the number of thoughts, links, notes, tags, events, thought types, forgotten thoughts, and internal attachment size.
TheBrain Mind Mapping Software Features
See and do more with digital thinking
Where can you really go on your computer today to hash out a new idea, current event, or expand your plans in a meaningful way? This program lets you digitize your mind so you can literally see your thinking and refine your ideas. Each of your Thoughts comes to life on-screen with connections to other related Thoughts, creating a context for thinking and action.
Integrate all your information in one place
Your Brain can store an unlimited amount of all kinds of information. Write notes for all your ideas. Save files, web pages, images and even emails into the tool for instant access. Adding things is as simple as drag and drop.
Access all your stuff anywhere
Your digital Brain works across multiple platforms and computers and can be synchronized across multiple machines. Access your Brain from the desktop software, a Web browser, or even your mobile device. Keep your data locally, plus a backup online for remote access and sharing with friends.
Find anything instantly
Activate any idea or file in seconds. This program not only brings up the right idea but lets you see how it relates to everything else… so you are prepared for anything. This means you can shift contexts quickly and get an immediate visual briefing by viewing connected topics.
Powerful file management
Move beyond linear file folder hierarchies and organize files the way you think – under multiple categories or projects. Anything can be linked to anything else. Track and save multiple versions, add notes and tag documents with priorities. Even integrate Outlook, Apple Mail, or webmail messages for a complete view of your projects.
Get the big picture on your information
The Brain lets you see how your ideas and information are related. Use powerful visualization to discover information that would normally be overlooked, make connections and gain new understanding of your projects and content.
Other Features of Mind Mapping Software
- Associative Mapping: Build your network of connections, mimicking the way your mind works. Each link helps capture your thinking and provides a means of discovery.
- Highly Scalable: TheBrain can easily accommodate 500,000+ items. Both the backend and the user interface have been carefully designed to scale.
- Powerful File Management: Attach files and folders directly within TheBrain, including support for both internally saved and externally linked items.
- Web Links in Context: Adding web links to your brain lets you connect all your digital resources together regardless of the source.
- Effortless Beautiful Notes: Add notes to any piece of information quickly and easily with hassle-free embedding of images, videos, links, and more.
- First-Class Connections: Attachments, notes and more can be applied not just to thought nodes, but also to the connections between them enabling rich relationship details.
- Native on Every Platform: TheBrain is a true native application on Windows, macOS, iOS and Android, optimized for the OS-specific features of each platform.
- Integrated Search: Search the content of every thought in your brain, including notes and file attachments, in seconds. Just start typing.
- Visual Discovery: Go beyond search. TheBrain’s visual context helps find things you didn’t know you had by following the associations you’ve built into your brain.
- Intuitive UI: Content-focussed design gets out of the way so you can focus on your stuff.
- Powerful Sync: Work online or offline and sync everything including attachments across all your devices. Plus backup to the cloud and access from the web.
- Stand-Alone Capable: Don’t like the cloud? No problem. You can keep all your data completely local to your desktop.
- Open Storage Format: Export 100% of your data to JSON files at the click of a button.
- TeamBrain Collaboration: Add TeamBrain services and work with your team even when offline. TheBrain syncs up whenever a connection is available.
- Integrated Content Previews: Images, PDFs, web pages and more load automatically for instant viewing and one click opens your attachment in its native application.
- Events and Reminders: Attach events and reminders to thoughts in your Brain so you have the information you need when you need it.
- Timeline View: TheBrain’s innovative timeline view smoothly scales to show you your day, week, month, or even year at a glance.
- Tags: Create your own custom tags including colors and icons then use them for fast access, instant recognition, and for custom reports.
- Thought and Link Types: Thought and link types allow you to create ontologies including inheritance of properties for more consistent relationship mapping.
- Outline View: See any section of your brain as an interactive outline with the ability to expand multiple levels parentward and childward.
- Mind Map View: Mind map view is perfect when you want to focus on one area of your brain. Re-orient the mind map at any time.
- Thought Icons: Zoomable icons are automatically created from web pages and images. Plus you can add any image or choose from over 2,000 built-in icons.
- Pins and Past Thoughts List: Pins and the past thoughts list provide immediate access to your important and recent items in a single click.
- Reports: Create reports using tags, types, attachments and more, then filter and order them according to your needs.
- History: Changes are automatically logged so you can review the individual history of each item in your Brain.
- Customizable Look and Preferences: Themes and extensive preferences let you adjust the application to suit your visual style and your habits.
- Web Sharing: TheBrain’s web client lets you share your cloud-synced Brain with anyone via the browser without the need to install any software.
TheBrain gives you the possibility to perform online searches via your web browser using different engines (e.g. Google, Yahoo!), look for data on Twitter, and change the looks of the mind maps by choosing between several predefined themes or importing custom images (e.g. JPG, GIF).
You are allowed to spell check the thoughts, switch to a full screen or transparent viewing mode, perform online backups to the cloud so you can access data remotely and share it with your friends, create custom categories for storing files, track and save multiple file versions, as well as integrate Outlookor webmail messages in your projects.
What’s New in TheBrain 11
TheBrain Mind Mapping Software features an all-new, best-of-breed notes editor plus more. Built from scratch by TheBrain’s engineering team, the editor is not just an improvement, but a total replacement designed for performance and reliability. Additional features in version 11 include a new set of modern searchable icons, native PDF rendering, a built-in video and audio player, and improvements to the UI and performance.
|Processor||1 GHz CPU|
|Memory||1 GB RAM|
|Storage Space||100 MB available storage|
|Software Name||TheBrain Software For Windows V 188.8.131.52|
|File Size||115 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Developer||TheBrain Technologies LP.|
TheBrain Mind Mapping Software helps you acquire a better understanding of your projects and content. It lets you store and visualize data, as well as find files quickly and detect if they relate to something else in the database. The comprehensive feature package makes it suitable especially for professionals.