Steganos Safe for the best encryption software to protect all types of sensitive data on your PC, in networks, or in the cloud thanks to state-of-the-art 384-bit AES-XEX encryption with AES-NI-Hardware acceleration. Confidential documents, business records, and TAN lists all belong in a safe place.
It is an intuitive piece of kit that you can use to create safes on your computer, in order to protect sensitive data from prying eyes. It particularly comes in handy if you share the machine with other people.
Steganos Safe is a digital vault that protects everything you don’t want anyone else to see. The clearly structured new user interface ensures that this highly professional security software package is intuitive and very easy to use. It is probably one of the most easy-to-use secure whole disk encryption software for Windows.
A safe is a virtual drive that you can access just like any other volume on your computer, with the difference being that it can be password-protected as well as made invisible when not in use.
The main application window has a modern appearance and a clean layout. You can create a new regular safe to encrypt data on the current computer only, a portable one for use on external hard disks or pen drives (for use on multiple machines), or a cloud safe. The last option allows you to encrypt data in your cloud service, as the name implies, as long as you have the credentials for the respective account.
Apart from specifying a safe name, you can allocate its size (in MB) and set up a password with or without storing it on a key device. From this point on, you can open a hidden safe from Steganos Safe’s primary panel, which basically means making the virtual drive visible in your default file manager. It is possible to hide a safe within an audio or video file too, to add an extra level of security.
Benefits of Steganos Safe For The Best Encryption Software
- Highly secure encryption: The algorithm used for encryption, AES (Advanced Encryption Standard), protects your sensitive data with 384-bit encoding. Thanks to multicore support, it can do this in real-time and it’s uncrackable!
- Vaults up to 1 Terabyte big: Encrypted virtual safes protect documents, photos, and videos on PCs and laptops. Each data vault – any number of which can be set upholds up to 2,000 GB = 2 terabytes! The size of safes can also be modified at a later stage by using the practical slide control.
- Portable safe – the vault to take with you: The data vault you can take with you – on a USB stick, CD, DVD, or BluRay disc. Practical: you don’t need any extra software to open a Steganos Portable Safe™ on another computer.
- Invisible. The hidden safe: Steganos Safe not only encrypts your data but also inconspicuously hides it in a picture, piece of music, or a video. So you can even file away highly sensitive data.
- Steganos Shredder: Personal data like your private documents, pictures, or videos can get into the wrong hands if you send your computer off to a repair or sell it. You can prevent that from happening! Steganos Shredder permanently deletes the traces you leave behind on your PC – totally automatically if desired.
- Quick and easy: If desired, you can open and close your safe with practical keyboard shortcuts. Shortcuts to opened safes are created on the desktop. Data can then be easily copied to the safe with a simple drag & drop. Or automatically launch the safe upon logging into your computer. Applications can also be automatically launched after you’ve opened the drive.
Steganos Safe For The Best Encryption Software Features
- Optimized user interface and user experience
- Improved brute force protection
- Improved shredder and backup integration
- AES-XEX encryption with 384 bits (IEEE P1619) with NI-hardware acceleration for optimal protection against thieves, snoops, and intelligence services
- The unlocked safe seamlessly integrates itself in Windows as a disk drive and can be used from within any application
- Maximum safe size: 2 TB
- Supports data encryption in Dropbox, Microsoft OneDrive, Google Drive and MagentaCLOUD
- Easily configure safes in your home network
- Two-factor authentication for your Safes (supports Authy, Google Authenticator, and more)
- Numerous functions and possibilities when creating a safe: Define the storage location and the safe drive letter yourself
- Automatically expanding safes that save you precious Flash Drive space
- USB stick as safe key: once ejected, the virtual vault closes and sensitive data is protected
- Safes are now simple to move and delete
A wide array of configuration settings is available through the context menu of a selected safe in the mainframe. For example, you can highlight or delete it, change the drive letter and password, mount a safe as a local or removable drive, move the SLE file to another location (contains the safe contents), trigger applications to run after opening or closing the safe, modify allocated size, as well as point out a global hotkey for opening or closing the safe.
Pros And Cons of Steganos Safe For The Best Encryption Software
|Easy wizard-like interface to create safe||Advanced features take time to lear|
|Works with both hard drives and USB devices|
|Powerful password management tool|
|Operating System||Windows 7, 8, 10 32 bit and 64 bit|
|Memory||1 GB RAM|
|Storage Space||200 MB free hard disk space|
|Network Connection||Internet connection required.|
|Software Name||Steganos Safe Software For Windows V 22.0.0|
|File Size||44.4 MB|
|Developer||Steganos Software GmbH|
There are many applications dedicated to creating virtual safes (vaults, crypts, etc.). However, Steganos Safe for the best encryption software is probably one of the most easy-to-use ones, backed up by a well-organized interface and intuitive options, which make it ideal for all types of users, regardless of their level of experience.
Download Software For PC