SQLyog Community Edition is the best database management tool for Windows that all developers mainly used. It’s easy to use, backups are easy and fast. The query builder makes life much easier. The most complete and easy to use MySQL GUI! Apply schema and data changes visually while moving from test to production. Replicate data periodically at scheduled intervals using a superfast checksum based algorithm.
Direct access to MySQL blocked? Forced to use clunky phpMyAdmin? SQLyog Community Edition has you covered. Powerful backup wizard with a one-click backup option and ability to schedule backups with ease. Streamline data transfer/migration from any ODBC compliant data source to MySQL.
Working with MySQL databases is not something at hand for just any user since it requires some experience and pretty solid knowledge in that particular subject area. Developers and administrators usually have greater expertise in this respect and especially for them tools like SQLyog were created.
Creating connections and adding various elements into an existing database are just some basic operations that can be carried out with just a couple of clicks. Adding tables, functions, triggers or events are possible as well.
SQLyog will make it possible for developers to add new query editors, schema designers and query builders, while offering advanced data search abilities. Also worth mentioning are the powerful data importing and exporting capabilities of this utility.
SQLyog main draw is the GUI Query Builder, a TAB in the SQL editor area of the program. The Query Builder is selected by clicking on the addition or + icon on the query editor line. A pop-up menu will appear with four options including New Query Builder. One Query Builder TAB consists of three sections: a canvas, a grid area, and a read-only editor area. Between each area is a divider that can be moved, allowing you to modify the panels according to the size of the queries.
SQLyog – Best Database Management Tool Features
- Import External Data: Streamline data transfer/migration from any ODBC compliant data source to MySQL.
- Schema and Data Sync: Apply schema and data changes visually while moving from test to production. Replicate data periodically at scheduled intervals using our superfast checksum based algorithm.
- SSH and HTTP Tunneling: Direct access to MySQL blocked? Forced to use clunky phpMyAdmin? SQLyog has you covered.
- Scheduled Backups: Powerful backup wizard with a one click backup option and ability to schedule backups with ease
Other Features of SQLyog Database Management Software
- Mysql 5.X compatible
- Create/drop/alter tables, stored procedures, functions, views, triggers, and events.
- Http and ssh tunneling – smartly data manage your MySQL server even if the MySQL port is blocked or remote access to MySQL is disallowed!
- Protect your data with SSL encryption
- Smart autocomplete
- Formats sql statements
- Proactive query profiler
- Favorite manager to neatly organize your favorite sql statements
- Very fast retrieval of data
- Advanced gui query builder. Supports joins, aggregate as well as ‘common’ functions, sorting (order by) and filtering (where and having) and alias.
- Sqlyog import external data wizard – use the gui or specify a query
- Schema and data synchronization tools
- Powerful compressed scheduled backup with email notification
- Schedule various jobs
- Sql scheduler and reporting tool – execute unattended queries for database maintenance of data verification with flexible email option
- Update result returned from query – also supports queries with joins. No dialogues – just edit!
- Manage foreign key relationships
- Fully innodb compliant
- Supports mysql pluggable storage engines architecture
- Multi-threaded query execution with an option to allow multiple query execution simultaneously
- View your results in grid/text mode
- Filter data and resultsets directly form the context menu of a displayed value
- Execute (very large) sql-scripts as batch files
- Execute multiple queries returning more than 1000s of rows per resultset. Its very efficient in memory.
- Very compact binary
- Written entirely in c/c++/win32 apis using native mysql c apis. No wrapper classes used.
- Connection manager
- Excel like grid interface to create/alter tables
- View and edit advanced table-properties, such as comment, key_length, etc.
- Do table-diagnostics (check, optimize, repair, analyze)
- Duplicate tables to new table-names
- Excel like grid interface to edit data with support for enum/set
- Create/drop databases
- Manage indexes
- Comprehensive user/security manager. Control every available privilege on what level you like (server/database/table/column).
- Reorder columns of table
- Copy database between two mysql hosts
- Drop all tables of a database with a single click
- Edit blobs in text or grapichs mode. All common (non-proprioritary) graphics format (including ‘high-resolution’ tiffs and pngs) supported.
- Export table-structure and data into sql-dumps
- Direct export to Microsoft excel
- Export/import data in/from csv files
- Export database schema in html
- Log all queries for a session
- Save resultset in csv, html and xml
- Copy your result as csv to clipboard
- Is very keyboard friendly. You can work with 99% features of sqlyog with keyboard.
- View and kill other user-processes
- Flush host/logs/privileges/tables
- Quick access to processlist, status, variables
Inside a ‘Powertools’ menu are grouped several wizards, for database synchronization, visual schema comparison, SQL scheduler and reporting, alongside many other useful functions. With SQLyog users can schedule backup operations and other jobs, sync schema data or rebuild tags.
Registered users for the loaded databases can be managed with ease and there is a table diagnostic feature that is included in the ‘Tools’ area. Insofar as the database tables are concerned, a neat particularity of this program is the fact that it can copy one or more tables to a different database or host.
It’s safe to say that SQLyog is indeed a good choice for any developer involved in MySQL database production and administration. It carries a solid feature pack and offers an easy to use interface, functional and visually appealing in the same time.
SQLyog is a data management software important for maintaining a good front end system. It displays all the tools you need in managing your data so you can easily select it when needed. The integration of the mouse is also an important feature as it allows you to quickly navigate throughout the program. Altogether, this database management tool is a suitable program for both new and experienced MySQL administrators.
Pros And Cons of SQLyog Best Database Management Tool
|Wide range of predefined tools and queries||Per-user licencing model can get complicated and costly|
|User-friendly visual interface|
|Query results editing interface familiar to anyone who’s used Excel|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|
|Software Name||SQLyog Software For Windows V 13.1.6|
|File Size||5.4 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
Download Software For PC