Songbird is a very popular open-source media player for Windows that managed to achieve significant popularity from the moment it appeared on the market in February of 2006. It continued to grow and expand its capabilities for years to come, led by the developers in the studio named “Pioneers of the Inevitable“, managing to become one of the most fully-featured and capable audio playback apps that could satisfy everyone from novices to owners of large digital music libraries. However, after almost seven and a half years, the development of Songbird was discontinued in June of 2013. Today, Songbird still lives as an open-source app that is still downloaded and used by new and old users from all around the world.
This is a simple program that can do more than play music files. It can scan the entire digital music library and help you synchronize all the tracks. Thus, you can always listen to your favorite songs.
The app comes with a nice, well-structured interface. Here, you can find both the music player, the playlist, and the quick links to the main features, such as music, videos, downloads, Internet radio stations, devices, and services.
You can organize the entire collection in any way you want. For example, your music files can be filtered by genre, artist, or album title. Furthermore, ID3 tags can also be edited. All you need to do is choose “View Metadata” from the right-click menu and fill in the required details, such as song title, artist and album name, composer, music genre, rating, album artwork, and so on.
The interface of the app resembles the one from iTunes, although with more care being placed not only on usability but also a wide variety of advanced features such as wide codec support, skinnable interface, keyboard shortcuts, metadata management, integration into iTunes (including AirPlay) and more.
Used by millions of fans to access, manage, and play all their music. Let the software be your desktop media hub! Now includes Songbird.me so that you can easily discover new music that’s personalized and delivered straight to you. Share your music interests with your friends. The program works with many integrated services like 7digital Music Store, mashTape, Last.fm Scrobbling, Concert Tickets, cast Radio, and others.
Discovering new content with the player is easy. You can use it to watch video clips, movies, find out when favorite bands play your town and discover new tracks by hot new artists.
Songbird Media Player For Windows Software Features
Personal Media Hub
Manage your music and videos, build playlists, browse, and sort. Then sync your music to your portable music player or phone.
Discover New Music
The tool suggests new artists and new music based solely on those you already love. It’s personal, unique to you and your tastes. See which artists your Facebook friends are into.
Get Tracks to Go
Purchase albums and songs directly through Songbird from 7digital; easily sync to your mobile devices.
Other Features of Songbird Media Player For Windows
- Media Importing/Exporting: Add media to Songbird by importing from your file system or iTunes. Export your tracks and playlists back into iTunes.
- Library Files Organization: Automatically organize the files contained in your library. Consolidate your media in one location. Customize the structure of the folder and file name based on metadata contained in every track.
- Watch Folders: Automatically import media from a defined folder.
- Library Management: Browse, organize, sort and search your media.
- Smart Playlists: Create dynamic playlists that automatically update based on criteria you set.
- Album Artwork: Display the currently playing track’s album art and write new artwork back to the file. Automatically fetch missing album art from the web.
- Media Playback: Songbird supports MP3, FLAC, and Vorbis on all platforms; WMA and WMA DRM on Windows; and AAC and Fairplay on Windows and Mac.
- Gapless Playback & Replay Gain: Skips padding data due to encoding and chain files for gapless playback experience. Adjusts the playback gain appropriately if a track’s metadata contains replay gain information.
- GStreamer: Songbird uses GStreamer as the main media playback system, across all platforms.
- Web Browser: It includes an integrated web browser with features like bookmarking, tabbed browsing, and more.
- Multi-language Support: Over 25 completed, community-contributed localizations and growing!
- Custom UI: Make Songbird your own by choosing from dozens of different skins feathers.
- Developer Support: Songbird is getting better every day thanks to its open platform and growing developer community.
|Operating System||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Processor||1.5 GHz Pentium 4 or comparable|
|Sound Drive||16 bit sound card (Recommended: 32 bit Sound Card)|
|Required Device||Speakers or headphones|
|Software Name||Songbird Software For Windows V 2.2.0|
|File Size||44 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Developer||Pioneers of the Inevitable|
Songbird Media Player For Windows is an advanced music player, with a bunch of extra features that you can find appealing. Figuring out all that the app can do can take some time, thanks to the extended list of options.
Download Software For PC