PRTG Network Monitor is a cloud-based, on-premise network monitoring solution, with the help of PRTG, you can monitor all the systems, devices, traffic, and applications in your IT infrastructure. PRTG Desktop is a powerful and easy-to-use solution for Windows PC, which is suitable for businesses of all sizes. PRTG is fully functional and feature-rich, there is no need for any add-on plugins or downloads.
PRTG Network Monitor alerts you when it discovers problems or unusual metrics. It comes with many built-in mechanisms for notifications, such as email, push, or HTTP requests. With free apps for Android and iOS, you can get push notifications delivered directly to your phone. Adapt the notification system to suit your needs and schedule alerts (such as ‘no low priority alerts at night’), or avoid alarm floods by using dependencies.
It caters to businesses of all sizes across multiple industry verticals and is compatible with Windows 7 or later. Primary features include network monitoring, bandwidth monitoring, alerts, data publishing, customization support and reporting.
PRTG Network Monitor helps users to monitor devices, network traffic and applications on the infrastructure. It helps administrators and technical staff to monitor network outages, analyze network connections, monitor network quality and complies with service level agreements.
PRTG Network Monitor Key Features
It caters to businesses of all sizes across multiple industry verticals and is compatible with Windows 7 or later. Primary features include network monitoring, bandwidth monitoring, alerts, data publishing, customization support and reporting. Let’s discuss some of the key features explained here:
PRTG monitors your entire IT infrastructure. All important technologies are supported:
- SNMP: ready-to-use and custom options
- WMI and Windows Performance Counters
- SSH: for Linux/Unix and macOS systems
- Traffic analysis using flow protocols or packet sniffing
- HTTP requests
- REST APIs returning XML or JSON
- Ping, SQL, and many more
Maps and dashboards
Visualize your network using real-time maps with live status information.
Create dashboards with the PRTG map designer, and integrate all your network components using more than 300 different map objects such as device and status icons, traffic charts, top lists, and more.
Individualize your map using custom HTML. Once you’re done, share your map as a URL that is accessible either publicly or only internally on your LAN.
PRTG alerts you when it discovers problems or unusual metrics
PRTG comes with many built-in mechanisms for notifications, such as email, push, or HTTP requests. With the free apps for Android and iOS, you can get push notifications delivered directly to your phone.
Adapt the notification system to suit your needs and schedule alerts (such as ‘no low priority alerts at night’), or avoid alarm floods by using dependencies. You can even use our PRTG API to write your own notifications.
Multiple user interfaces
- Full featured web interface: based on AJAX with high security standards, highly performant thanks to Single Page Application (SPA) technology, and optimally adjusting to your systems by its responsive design
- PRTG Desktop app: native application for PRTG, especially for several PRTG installations
- App for iOS and Android
- All user interfaces allow SSL-secured local and remote access and can be used simultaneously.
Cluster failover solution
It is always better to be safe than failure. PRTG Network Monitor allows failover tolerant monitoring. One single failover is included in every PRTG on-premises license!
Automatic failover handling: if the primary master of the cluster is not connected or is down, another node immediately takes over all its responsibilities, including the sending of notifications.
Take advantage of multiple points of presence monitoring: all nodes monitor all sensors all the time, so you can compare response times from different locations in the network (LAN/WAN/VPN).
The hosted version of PRTG also comes with high-availability monitoring. We take care of it for you so there is no cluster support in the cloud.
- Monitor several networks in different locations and separated networks within your company (for example, DMZ and LAN) with PRTG Remote Probes.
- Use remote probes to monitor your LAN with the hosted version of PRTG.
- Get the overview in one central PRTG core installation.
- You can also use remote probes to distribute monitoring load.
- Each PRTG license includes unlimited remote probes.
- As an MSP you can monitor your customer’s networks and increase the quality of service.
- Get the numbers, statistics, and graphs of your specific monitoring data or configuration.
- Export your historical monitoring data as PDF, HTML, XML, or CSV files and further process your monitoring data.
- Run reports on demand or schedule regular reports (daily, weekly, monthly).
Other Useful Features of PRTG
Determine how much bandwidth your devices and applications are using and identify the source of bottlenecks.
Monitor specific datasets from your databases with individually-configured the sensors and SQL queries.
Manage all your applications and get detailed statistics about every application running in your network.
Centrally monitor and manage all your cloud computing services from anywhere.
Monitor all types of servers in real time with regard to availability, accessibility, capacity, and overall reliability.
Keep track of your entire local network, including your workstations, routers, switches, servers, and printers.
Monitor a diverse range of devices using the SNMP functionality of the program.
- Automatic Network discovery
- Preconfigured device templates with recommended sets of sensors for various devices
- Highly interactive and customizable Interface for optimized usability
- Configuration is arranged in a tree-like hierarchy with inheritance of settings
- Modern, powerful software engine
- Scales up to several 10,000 sensors for one installation
- Allows load distribution using remote probes for CPU-intense monitoring like e.g. packet sniffing
- Network Monitoring Features:
- “Smart” sensors that e.g. automatically discover quad-core CPUs and monitor them individually as well as the total CPU load
- The integrated Webserver supports SSL security, multiple logins, user groups and an HTTP-based API for interfacing with other applications
- Monitoring results are viewable in various perspectives
- User can create “Maps” which bring together monitoring status, graphs and tables in customizable layouts and with customizable backgrounds like network charts