ownCloud Desktop Client is an open-source, self-hosted file sync and shares app platform. Access & sync your files, contacts, calendars & bookmarks across your devices. The software is a self-hosted file sync and share server. It provides access to your data through a web interface, sync clients, or WebDAV while providing a platform to view, sync, and share across devices easily — all under your control. The software’s open architecture is extensible via a simple but powerful API for applications and plugins and it works with any storage.
ownCloud is a simple-to-use software program that enables you to store private files on a server online, in order to easily access them from another computer and other supported devices, or share them with other people. It can be used for both personal and business purposes.
The tool does not include complicated features or configuration preferences, making it accessible to most types of users, even the ones less experienced in such software.
Store your private pictures, documents, calendar, and contacts on your server at home, a rented VPS, or use one of the public ownCloud providers. Access your existing data on an FTP drive at work, images shared with you on Dropbox, or your NAS at home-all through your ownCloud server. Run your tool server in a place you trust and access all the data you care about in one place!
When traveling, access your ownCloud through your Android or iOS devices. Automatically upload pictures after taking them. Sync files at home or work with the desktop client keeping one or more local folders synchronized between devices. And wherever you are, the web interface lets you view, share, and edit your files alone or with others.
Send password-protected public links so others can upload files to you; get notified on your phone when you get a share from your own or another server. Edit documents together, have video calls over your own server, comment on pictures shared with or by you. Don’t be alone!
Setting up your with this software is a quick and easy job that does not impose any difficulties. Initially, it is necessary to connect to a previously created ownCloud account and specify the server address, in order to continue with the wizard steps and set up the application in no time.
Owncloud Desktop Client Features
- The program is open source – there are no limitations and you can inspect, integrate, extend, and modify the program however you want.
- It offers an easy user interface with search, favorites, tags, and other ways to quickly get at your files.
- File editing and preview support for PDF, images, text files, Open Document, Word files, and more.
- Integration of anti-virus scanning functionality with the anti-virus app.
- LDAP / Active Directory integration
- Example files for new users. Preload a new user’s Files area with, for example, a tutorial file, which appears when they first log in.
- Powerful integrated logging
- Fine-grained control over access to data and sharing capabilities by a user and by a group.
- Advanced quota management with configurable accounting of external storage.
- Sharing REST API. Control sharing from mobile apps and desktop clients
- Easy development of 3rd party apps with the share REST API. Quick access to core functions for app development with the powerful API and webhooks following the publication/subscription model.
Pros And Cons of ownCloud Desktop Client
|Setting up and deploying your own cloud often cost more than this||The extensions are not nearly as transparent as the primary programming|
|Their transparent coding is reassuring if you can read the code||Their newsfeed should lay off Trump he may be the USA’s last hope|
|Operating System||Windows 7/8/10|
|Account||ownCloud Account Requirement.|
|Software Name||ownCloud Desktop Client Software For Windows V 2.6.3|
|File Size||16.8 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
ownCloud desktop client is very responsive to commands and runs on low CPU and RAM, so it does not hog system resources. Although it is not as feature-rich as other similar file-sharing tools, It is straightforward and very simple to use by anyone.
Download Software For PC