MySQL Workbench is a unified Visual Database Design Tool for database architects, developers, and DBAs. It provides data modeling, SQL development, and comprehensive administration tools for server configuration, user administration, backup, and much more. The app is available on Windows, Linux, and macOS.
Specially designed for MySQL administrators, MySQL Workbench is a database modeling tool that comprises SQL development and administration as well as database design and management features into a single IDE.
As the successor of the DBDesigner4 project, It allows developers to perform nearly every MySQL task they can think of, and all of this is done via a well-organized interface. Users with no advanced database knowledge likely need some time to familiarize with the application.
System Requirements of MySQL Workbench Visual Database Design Tool
|Operating System||Windows: Windows 10
Mac: Mac OS X 10.15
Linux: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
|CPU||64bit x86 CPU||Multi Core 64bit x86 CPU, 8 GB RAM|
|Memory||4 GB||8 GB or higher|
|Display||1024×768||1920×1200 or higher|
|Software Name||MySQL Workbench Software For Windows V 8.0.22|
|File Size||35.9 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
Download Software For PC
MySQL Workbench Visual Database Design Tool Features
- Design: MySQL Workbench enables a DBA, developer, or data architect to visually design, model, generate, and manage databases. It includes everything a data modeler needs for creating complex ER models, forward and reverse engineering, and also delivers key features for performing difficult change management and documentation tasks that normally require much time and effort.
- Develop: The tool delivers visual tools for creating, executing, and optimizing SQL queries. The SQL Editor provides color syntax highlighting, auto-complete, reuse of SQL snippets, and execution history of SQL. The Database Connections Panel enables developers to easily manage standard database connections, including MySQL Fabric. The Object Browser provides instant access to database schema and objects.
- Administer: It provides a visual console to easily administer MySQL environments and gain better visibility into databases. Developers and DBAs can use the visual tools for configuring servers, administering users, performing backup and recovery, inspecting audit data, and viewing database health.
- Visual Performance Dashboard: It provides a suite of tools to improve the performance of MySQL applications. DBAs can quickly view key performance indicators using the Performance Dashboard. Performance Reports provide easy identification and access to IO hotspots, high-cost SQL statements, and more. Plus, with 1 click, developers can see where to optimize their query with the improved and easy to use Visual Explain Plan.
- Database Migration: MySQL Workbench now provides a complete, easy to use solution for migrating Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Sybase ASE, PostgreSQL, and other RDBMS tables, objects, and data to MySQL. Developers and DBAs can quickly and easily convert existing applications to run on MySQL both on Windows and other platforms. Migration also supports migrating from earlier versions of MySQL to the latest releases.
The workspace is divided into three sections: for SQL development, data modeling and server administration, respectively.
You can use this utility to connect to existing databases and edit table data, run SQL queries, modify scripts, and manage database objects. Creating databases and tables is easy, as you can use the ‘MySQL schema’ approach to remember the last encoding settings. In addition to this, the program allows you to set up the naming pattern of auto-generated index fields.
One of the key features of MySQL Workbench is the visual layout. After creating the needed tables, you can generate ER diagrams to establish the connections easily. As far as large databases are concerned, it’s possible to group tables using colored layers.
Other useful features for data modeling are schema synchronization and validation, reverse/forward engineering, syntax highlighting, error parsing while typing, and code folding, which should help you a long way when working with MySQL Workbench. The scripting shell allows you to create Python or Lua scripts, plugins, and modules.
The ‘Server Administration’ module permits you to configure database instances, user account, and session management settings, together with log file browsing options.
Pros And Cons of MySQL Workbench Visual Database Design Software
|Absolutely free suite of MySQL database tools||Not easily integrated with VMs|
|GUI interface makes database design much easier to manage||Docker or other developer tools|
|Data visualization features are lost in the transition to a server|
MySQL Workbench proves to be a reliable solution for working on MySQL database management projects. It worked smoothly throughout our evaluation and had minimal impact on computer performance.
Download Software For PC