Mumble is a free and open-source voice chat for PC software that has a goal to offer everyone the ability to chat in a group environment. This includes setting up an audio call with a large number of people for a school project, business meeting, or (most often) organized video gaming to communicate with all team members. This and many other online communication sessions can be greatly enriched with the help of Mumble, which can take control over the management of user permissions and other features that will be attractive to moderators who want to tightly control who can talk with who (especially important for use in business, or in gaming with separate rooms for each gaming sessions, group or game).
This is there to help you do just that with ease. Users can host their own servers, invite users to manage their own channels, record their audio sessions, and manually control when they want to mute their own microphone or mute incoming audio communication.
The main interface of the app is very well designed. The main dashboard is focused on listing the chat rooms from the server you are connected with. Detailed customizations of your chat experience can be found in the tools that are located above in the main men line.
The app is perfect for anyone who is interested in having complete control over the audio chat between a large number of people at the same time. It is distributed in two basic modules – the client and the server. This configuration ensures the maximum security, audio quality, and reliability of the audio chat between users.
This one also has the advantage of being specifically designed for gamers. Mumble shows it means business straight from the beginning as you’re prompted to configure your devices for a high-quality voice chat. There’s nothing too complicated in this respect because you just have to follow the steps of the setup wizard.
After the configuration is complete, you and your friends can connect to one of the many available servers and create or join a channel where you can chat without being interrupted.
Mumble Voice Chat Features
- Low-latency – great for talking and gaming
- Stay private and secure
- always encrypted communication
- Public/private-key authentication by default
- ACL for user
- Text-to-speech (hear program’s and server’s status updates)
- Recognize friends across servers
- In-game Overlay – see who is talking
- Positional audio – hear the players from where they are located
- Wizards to guide you through setup, like configuring your microphone
- Extensive user permission system (ACL)
- Extendible through Ice middleware
- Web interfaces – free choice of several community free software projects
- Channel viewers – even without direct Ice access, if the hoster provides the CVP, easily set up your channel viewer of choice
- Authenticators – to allow users to authenticate against an existing user database
- Custom chat commands and context (right-click) menu entries
- Automatable administration through Ice middleware
- Low resource cost for hosting
- Very stable server software
- Free choice of server software
- Custom web interfaces for users through Ice
- Or just host one of the free software web interfaces
- Provide users with channel viewer data (CVP) without giving control away
- Or empower the users by providing the Ice interface
During the testing of this voice chat for PC software established the connection with the chat servers in a couple of seconds and the audio was indeed high-quality, without sudden interruptions or connection losses.
The software comes with a lot of settings you can customize, including shortcuts that can change a lot the way you interact with the app. For instance, you can choose a key for push to talk if you don’t want to keep the microphone enabled all the time.
A great feature of this tool is the ability to make the players’ voices come from the direction their character is actually placed.
|Operating System||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Memory||A server with 512 MB of RAM should be plenty to run Murmur with 50 clients in high quality. If you are using the same Droplet for other tasks, more RAM is recommended.|
|Software Name||Mumble Software For Windows V 1.3.1|
|File Size||22.77 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
This voice chat software for pc is definitely a good choice for anyone who needs a reliable means of chatting while in-game. The great sound quality and ease of use can make it a favorite for gamers worldwide. Gather your team, connect to a server, and prepare for victory with the advantage of having Mumble on your side.
Download Software For PC