MPV Player for Windows is a media player based on MPlayer and mplayer2. It supports a wide variety of video file formats, audio and video codecs, and subtitle types. Special input URL types are available to read input from a variety of sources other than disk files. Depending on the platform, a variety of different video and audio output methods are supported. It is a free media player for the command line.
The application can be deployed via command-line and loading videos can be done by simply dragging the files onto the executable of MPV. Alternatively, you can first open the application and then drag and drop the input file.
The player features basic playback control options, allowing fast-forwarding and jumping throughout the clip. Moving on to the next or the previous video in the same folder is possible with a click.
Disabling the audio is possible if you want to mute the clip. It also features volume control options and full-screen support.
It has a fully configurable, command-driven control layer that allows you to control MPV using the keyboard, mouse, or remote control (there is no LIRC support – configure remotes as input devices instead).
MPV Player For The Free Media Player Features
- Scripting: Powerful scripting capabilities can make the player do almost anything.
- On-Screen Controller: While the app strives for minimalism and provides no real GUI, it has a small controller on top of the video for basic control.
- High-quality video output: MPV has an OpenGL, Vulkan, and D3D11 based video output that is capable of many features loved by videophiles, such as video scaling with popular high-quality algorithms, color management, frame timing, interpolation, HDR, and more.
- GPU video decoding: It can leverage most hardware decoding APIs on all platforms. Hardware decoding can be enabled at runtime on demand.
- Embeddable: A straightforward C API was designed from the ground up to make MPV usable as a library and facilitate easy integration into other applications.
- Active development: MPV Player is under active development, focusing on code refactoring and cleanups as well as adding features.
Along with the support for high-quality video output and the enhanced video decoding speed, its utmost advantage is that is can be easily integrated within other applications, thanks to the C API it deploys together with the player and the source code.
Although designed to behave more like a CLI application, This software features an interface that allows video playback and straightforward control options. While simple, in essence, it is a powerful tool in the hands of a skillful developer.
Pros And Cons of Free Media Player
|Free to Use||The Mouse-Movement Triggered Controls Can Be Annoying|
|Light on System Resource Usage||Familiar with How the App Works|
|Easy to Embed Into Other Applications|
|High-Quality Video Output, Every Time|
|Operating System||Windows: Windows 7/8/10
Mac: Mac OS X 10.8 And Higher Version
|Software Name||MPV Player Software For Windows V 0.32.0|
|File Size||28.45 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Developer||MPV Player Team|
Download Software For PC