Mocha Pro 2020 is the Academy Award-winning planar tracking software for visual effects and post-production. It features GPU-accelerated planar tracking and object removal, advanced roto with edge-snapping, image stabilization, 3D camera solver, stereo 360/VR support, and more.
Now available on macOS, Windows, and Linux, and as a plug-in for Adobe Premiere Pro & After Effects, Avid Media Composer & OFX hosts such as Flame, Nuke, Fusion, HitFilm, and VEGAS Pro.
Mocha’s masking workflow features planar tracked spline tools to speed up shape creation and reduce manual keyframes. Magnetic Splines with edge-snapping assistance help create the most detailed mask shapes — without requiring drawing skills.
The program comes with an elegant and modern GUI that consists of three main areas, namely the viewing pane, the layer control panel, and the editing tools, location in the lower section of the interface.
It is worth mentioning that the viewing features several controls that can come in handy on several occasions when you are adding or removing objects from live footage. Therefore, depending on the project’s prerequisites you can enable and disable the RGB channels, Alpha channels, layer mattes, overlays, outlines, tangents, planer surface, grid, trace, or brightness scaling, just to name a few.
The Essentials workspace brings the power of Mocha to novice level users with a simplified, elegant, and easy-to-learn interface. Tracking & masking is now faster by reducing complexity and focusing the interface on the most essential icons and tools. Switch to Classic for advanced modules and customize and save workspaces for flexibility.
Mocha’s amazing Remove Module has been rewritten to optimize GPU video hardware for up to 4-5x render speed improvements on removals and clean plating projects. For high-resolution 4K projects and 360/VR video resolutions, the resulting speed improvement is a massive time-saver.
Features of Mocha Pro 2020
- Better wide-perspective track handling: Now you can track longer and at further angles without getting distorted track planes or flipped mattes.
- Flame Gmask Tracer Support: Mocha now exports Gmask tracer nodes with axis transforms. Tracking data is converted to 3d Axis nodes.
- Improved Motion Blur performance: Motion blur in mattes now renders up to 4x faster.
- Area brush size mouse controls: You can now adjust the size of the Area Brush by holding down the Cmd or Ctrl key and dragging the mouse.
- Area Brush Fill Gaps: We now have a new field in the area brush toolbar to help fill gaps based on a threshold.
- Multi-point drag edge-snap: Drag-snapping now snaps the entire selection, rather than individual points
- Avid interlaced support: We now support tracking and rendering back interlaced footage in Media Composer.
- OCIO support: Mocha has new expansive OCIO settings for managing colorspaces in Mocha.
- GStreamer Media Support: Imported clips can now be handled by GStreamer instead of QuickTime. Not all media types are supported at this stage.
- Pan/Zoom Matching: Rendered clips the same size as the original source clip will now match panning and zooming on other clips so everything lines up
- Original frame render view: You can now view the source frame if a module has not rendered the current frame
- macOS Catalina support: Mocha is now supported on macOS Catalina.
- Remove Render performance increases for some codecs: Some codecs provide higher decoding performance when the frames are accessed sequentially. We’ve now changed the order of frame requests in the Remove Render to utilize this property.
- Thread-limiter: You can now adjust the number of threads per thread pool in preferences. This is important for restricting machines that try to utilize too many cores which can cause Mocha to crash.
- Clean plate folders: When saving a clean plate the last used folder is used as the destination.
- Tablet Pressure: Tablet pressure sensitivity can be disabled via preferences
Planar tracking is at the heart of all modules and is used to drive tracking, roto-masking, object removal, and more. Unlimited tracking layers and the advanced AdjustTrack interface can handle reflections, occlusions, noise, and even areas with motion blur or low details.
New Magnetic Spline Tools and Edge-Snapping! Mocha Pro is the ideal masking tool for effects or color correction. When linked to Mocha’s planar tracking, X-Spline & Bezier shapes inherit motion and perspective, dramatically reducing manual keyframe work. Advanced tools for shape editing: per-point edge feathering, join layers tool, transform tool, group layers, and motion blur.
Now with faster with GPU rendering! Remove unwanted elements, wires, rigs, tracking marks, and 360 cameras. Generate clean plates for massive time-savings. The Remove Module is an amazing alternative to traditional clone and paint techniques for getting rid of unwanted pixels and removing objects. It automatically detects temporal clean frames to blend and align pixels with little user input.
Render graphics onto your tracked screen surface within Mocha Pro 2020 or back to your host timeline with the new plug-in option. Combines with Lens Module for realistic VFX compositing on distorted footage.
The Stabilize Module can lock down camera motion or stabilize moving objects based on planar tracking. The smooth option with selectable anchor frames helps reduce high-frequency jitters while maintaining original camera motion. Center, scale or crop stabilized footage based on user-driven tracking.
It supports native stereo 3D and 360/VR stereo formats. This unique workflow uses planar tracking analysis on “both eye views” to reduce manual offsets and tedious keyframe work on stereo 3D rotoscoping, tracking, 3D camera solve, and object removal.
Unlike feature based camera tracking, It solves the 3D camera based on user-selected planar data. This fast and easy-to-use solution is ideal for set extensions, 3D text, and particle tracking. Additionally, the 3D solver can be used to assist other 3D tracking applications on difficult shots with low detail or significant foreground occlusions.
Award-winning 360 video tools for tracking, masking, horizon stabilization, object removal, nadir patching, and spherical video post. The native 360 optimized workflow simplifies spherical video post-production challenges. Work across seams with fewer pre-comps, nesting or rendering. Tracking in Mocha is easy for 360 creators to learn. Robust planar tracking simplifies the workflow for advanced motion tracking, masking, object removal, and horizon stabilization on 360 video projects.
The unique stereo workflow uses planar tracking analysis on “both eye views” to solve disparity and reduce tedious duplication work on stereo rotoscoping, tracking, object removals, and stabilization. Work on a “hero” master view and the track and roto corrections ripple to the other eye view for reduced manual keyframing. Render back to the host or export stereo roto shapes back to a wide variety of hosts including Adobe, Nuke, and more.
System Requirements of Mocha Pro 2020
|Operating System||Microsoft® Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 8 (64-bit) or Windows 10|
|Processor||Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent with 2 GHz.|
|Storage Space||100 MB for program installation (hard disk with NAND-false memory)|
|Software Name||Mocha Pro Software For Windows V 2020 7.5.0|
|File Size||108 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Developer||BORIS FX, Inc.|
In the eventuality that you are planning to design a matter for an element on a live-action plate and you want to make sure that it can integrate seamlessly over another background, then perhaps Mocha Pro 2020 might be the tool to try out.
Download Software For PC