With the MightyText app, you can easily send text messages directly from your PC for free! Send & receive SMS and MMS from your computer or tablet with MightyText for Windows, using your current Android phone number. Messages stay in sync with your phone’s SMS inbox. Never miss notifications from apps like Uber, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and Instagram. You can even dismiss them right from your desktop. Instantly & securely store photos & videos taken from your phone to your computer or tablet. Dead simple, 1-click photo sharing.
With the help of its mobile relative, MightyText is a versatile piece of software that allows you to send text messages directly from the comforts of your computer’s desktop, through the services provided by your Android phone, as well as to receive notifications for various mobile services and manage almost all kinds of media.
Before anything, you should make sure that both companion apps are installed on their appropriate devices. You can effortlessly install this app on your Android phone from the Google Play Store and with no more than a few clicks on your computer’s system, thanks to a streamlined installer.
This said, to pair the devices, you will need to log in using your official Google account on both of them. This is the perfect time to point out that both your computer and mobile device need to be connected to the Internet.
MightyText App Features
- Call Notifications: Get notified on your computer or tablet when someone calls your Android phone.
- Phone Notifications on your Computer: Never miss notifications from apps like Uber, WhatsApp, Snapchat, and Instagram.
- Schedule Messages: In this app, you can send text messages from the computer with scheduled messages to be sent out in the future.
- Phone Battery Alerts: Wherever your phone is, know exactly how much battery life it has left from your Web App or tablet app.
- Awesome media syncing: Instantly & securely store photos & videos taken from your phone to your computer or tablet.
- Send Web Pages, Maps, and Photos To Your Phone: Instantly push web pages, files, maps, photos, and more from your computer to your phone.
- Text Directly From Gmail: SMS directly from Gmail on your computer. Just like a Google chat/hangout window.
- PowerView: Built for the text-obsessed. Carry on multiple conversations simultaneously.
- Themes: Beautify MightyText with 16 themes.
- SMS – Email Sync: Manage your text messages from your email.
- Templates: Sending the same message content over and over? Use templates to save time.
Once the connection has been established, the app syncs your SMS Inbox and other kinds of notifications with your phone and provides you with full access to your contacts’ details.
Somewhat interesting is the fact that MightyText can also help you sync other types of data with your phone besides messages from native or messenger apps. For example, with the help of this app, you can easily manage and enhance your videos and photos thanks to a built-in editor that packs all the basic retouching tools, including a set of useful filters.
Exploring all of the app’s features is by no means a challenge since everything seems to be well-organized into distinct sections. Nevertheless, the app will require a bit of getting used to, mainly since its interface is not what you would call modern.
The most annoying part is not the way it looks but the way it integrates with your computer system. For example, users that don’t like working with apps in fullscreen mode will surely find it a bit frustrating that this app does not come with an interface that can adapt its elements by shrinking or enlarging their sizes when the main window’s size changes.
Limitations in demo version
- Sync media from your phone ( limited to 20 photos / 5 videos)
- Restore Messages to Phone (Up to 100 messages)
- The message scheduler is disabled
- Not all themes are available
- Phone Notification Live View is disabled
- 200 messages/month
- Cannot send bulk SMS
- Templates and signatures are disabled
- You cannot block numbers
- Media sync is disabled
- Message drafts function is disabled
- SMS to email sync is disabled
Pros And Cons of MightyText App
|More than just an SMS notification app||It doesn’t work without Internet|
|It doesn’t work with a dead source phone|
|Operating System||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|
|Requirement||Android Phone and Google Account|
|Software Name||MightyText Software For Windows V 5.3.1|
|File Size||92.4 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
MightyText alongside its mobile-based counterpart works great when it comes to sending SMS or messages with the help of other communication apps and play a fair trick when it comes to synchronizing content between your computer and Android smartphone.
Download Software For PC