Get your organization started today with the free version of the Microsoft Teams App. This software mainly used to communicate with your team and always stay up to date with free chat and search capabilities. Get your team on the same page with impromptu meetings and audio or video calling. Enjoy 10 GB of team file storage and 2 GB of personal file storage per person. Work together using Office apps for the web including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote. Connect and collaborate with anyone from anywhere on Microsoft Teams desktop client app!
Now more than ever, people need to know their virtual conversations are private and secure. At Microsoft, privacy and security are never an afterthought. It’s a commitment to you— not only during this challenging time but always.
- Unlimited chat messages and search.
- Built-in audio and video calling for individuals, groups, and full team meetups.
- 10 GB of team file storage plus 2 GB per person for personal storage.
- Integrated real-time content creation with Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Unlimited app integrations with 250+ business apps to choose from, including Adobe, Evernote, and Trello.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with anyone inside or outside your organization, backed by Microsoft’s secure, global infrastructure.
Microsoft Teams provides its users with a very functional and business-like collaboration environment. Microsoft has kept a close eye on the balance between features and user-accessibility.
The app packs a plethora of useful features, but the most impressive thing is that you don’t really feel assaulted by these features. All the tools and features are neatly organized and are always within easy reach, without ever getting in your way. It’s worth pointing out that you are provided with a comprehensive (and quite interactive) documentation section, courtesy of T-Bot.
Instantly go from group chat to video conference with the touch of a button. Teams of 10 or 10,000 can meet in one place, no matter how many places they’re in. Invite everyone you work with to chat, meet, call, and collaborate all in one place, no matter where you are. Share your opinion and your personality. Send gifs, stickers, and emojis in a group chat or in one-to-one messages. Never yell “who just joined?!” ever again. Use Teams for PC, calling, Phone System, Calling Plan, or Direct Routing to take the stress out of conference calls.
Microsoft Teams App Features
- Up to 500K users: Communicate and collaborate with teams large and small.
- Screen sharing: Choose what you show in a chat or meeting: your desktop, a specific app, a presentation, or a file.
- Background blur: Eliminate distractions and ensure meetings run smoothly with background blur.
- Guest access: Grant people outside your organization access to existing teams and channels in MS Teams client software.
- Coauthoring: Access, share, and edit Word docs, PowerPoint, and Excel files in real-time.
- File sharing: Share files with colleagues and work on them together.
- More than 250 integrated apps and services: Bring the apps and services you love into Teams to create your organization’s hub for teamwork.
- Security and compliance: Help keep information secure with Microsoft Teams App data encryption at rest and in transit.
Other Important Features For Paid Version In Microsoft 365
- Additional storage, with plans starting at 1 TB file storage per user.
- Rich file collaboration in the Office desktop apps.
- Meeting scheduling and intelligent video capabilities.
- Additional first- and third-party app integrations.
- Advanced IT controls.
- Enterprise-level security and compliance.
There are five, self-explanatory sections: Activity, Chat, Teams, Meetings, and Files, each and one of which is neatly organized with the help of tabs. Everything you would expect from a collaboration and chat application is here. Team conversations can be started and managed with ease, as well as be organized by topic, project, or with the help of other parameters.
Files, websites, notes, and chats can be reached by any team member. The Activity section acts as your personal “news feed” and is the place where you can view all your likes, mentions, and other types of contributions. You can also keep an eye on your schedule for the day and even thoroughly schedule meetings, as well as conveniently access all your files from your OneDrive Business account.
Pros And Cons of Microsoft Teams App
|Excellent video quality||Outdated user interface|
|Creates an entire online work environment||Need a Microsoft Account to sign in|
|Integration with other apps|
How to use Microsoft Teams App Video Tutorial
|Operating System||Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8/10|
|Software Name||Microsoft Teams Software For Windows V 1.3.00.15561|
|File Size||93.6 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|License||Free Trial for 15 Days|
Microsoft provides an all-time new and latest software to its users for that the developer team works a great job with this first public release of Microsoft Teams. Undoubtedly it’s an excellent solution for business chat and collaboration, packing useful tools, bots, and sublime Office and Skype integrations.
If, at first, you might be tempted to think that since it’s so robustly built around Office 365, Microsoft Teams App does not offer a wider degree of “integration” freedom (like in the case of HipChat and Slack), think about it this way. Office 365 has a massively overwhelming number of active users (at least ten times more than any collaboration app), all of which are used with most of Microsoft’s services and all of which have now gained the possibility to use a bespoke collaboration app, without having to pay something extra for it.