Listary is a file search tool that increases the functionality of the file manager included in Windows. It seems invisible to the user but a look in the system tray area shows that it is running and ready for action.
Its purpose is to quickly reach any file on the disk by simply starting to type in the explorer window for a file name. As soon as you start typing Listary automatically rules out the irrelevant results thinning the list until it determines exactly the searched file.
One of the best parts is that it does not matter the location where you start typing or where the target file resides, Listary finds it. Obviously, this way you can also launch applications.
The functionality of the product is not restricted to launching files and programs as the developer included the possibility to perform a list of actions that are most frequently required by users.
As such, once a file is selected it can be copied, cut or opened with a specific program. Additional actions include copying the path or the entire folder to the clipboard or move it to a different location.
Listary For File Search Features
Favorite and Recent Folders:
- Speed up your work by gaining instant access to your favorite folders and files. Access any deeply nested folder with a keystroke.
- It also brings recent folders and files at your fingertips from Explorer and File Open/Save Dialog box. The last opened file is automatically highlighted for instant access.
- This feature lets a file dialog switch to the folder you’re viewing in your favorite file manager instantly or vice versa. Your currently opened folders in all applications are also listed for quick access.
Find as You Type:
- The powerful find-as-you-type feature lets you browse through large, unmanageable lists of files, folders, and other entries with incredible ease.
- Start typing intuitively and watch Listary highlight items for you in real-time, no matter how large the list is. Type any part of the item name and use space as a wildcard to fill in for characters you can’t recall. Find your target as quickly as you can type.
Access from Anywhere:
- Mouse middle-click, hotkeys, tray icon, or simply double-click on any part of the empty area in Explorer, Desktop and standard file open/save dialogs. Accessing your favorite folders is never so easy.
- Run command prompt in the current directory, show/hide file extensions, show/hide hidden files and folders, export list contents to a CSV file that can be opened in Excel, copy folder path to clipboard, and many more, all with a single click or keystroke.
Excellent Keyboard Support:
- Never take your hands off the keyboard again. Search for whatever you want, sift through the list with tab or arrow keys, open your list of favorites and recently used files/folders with simple hotkeys, and run Listary’s Smart commands all using the keyboard.
Total Commander Integration:
- With the help of Listary, you can even use Total Commander to completely replace file dialogs.
- Directory menu items of Total Commander can also be added to Listary favorite for quick access from anywhere.
- Enrich your file browsing experience by switching directories and folders by directly typing the path and any part of the folder name. The auto-completer provides options to choose from as you speed towards your target folder.
Support Various Applications:
- Listary has perfect support for Windows components like Explorer, Desktop, standard file open/save dialogs and browse for folder dialogs.
- Famous file managers (like Total Commander, Directory Opus, and xplorer2) are also supported. You can also use all features in some utilities like 7-zip, WinRAR, and FileZilla.
Other Features For File Search Software
- Search the entire disk drive from any window or folder
- Quickly find any file you need with a few short keystrokes
- Instantly find & launch programs with a quick keyboard command
- Copy or move files to any folder from any folder with easy context menu commands
- Open a file with a specific program from anywhere
- Instantly jump from file manager to a target folder with a simple key command
- Create a Favorites list of commonly used files and apps for fast access
- Right-Click any search result for a robust Action+Context menu
- Quickly browse your recent app and file history to continue working where you left off
- Search the web with Listary’s keyword query engine
It moves very fast and in the first run, it launches a brief tutorial that explains exactly how it works. Working with requires just typing in the explorer window the name of the file you want to reach. Results are displayed as you type.
Pros And Cons of Listary File Search Software
|Find folders, files, and apps as you type||Limited features in free version|
|Operating System||Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP SP3|
|Software Name||Listary Software For Windows V 5.00.2843|
|File Size||3.4 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
Navigating the files using Listary can be done not only in Windows’ file browser but also in alternatives from other developers, such as Total Commander or Xyplorer and it also works straight from the desktop.
Download Software For PC