Intuit QuickBooks Online is a very simple and easy to use online accounting software solutions to link multiple users and locations to their business finances-anytime, anywhere. It has the accounting functionality of QuickBooks desktop software, but instead of installing it on a hard drive, you and your clients access it from any PC with a high-speed Internet connection.
You’ll also appreciate the time you can save–and the control you’ll gain–by having each of your clients’ complete financial information in one easy-to-reach place right on the Web.
System Requirements of QuickBooks Small Business Accounting Software
|Operating System||All edition of Windows 8.1, Windows 10|
|Processor||2.4 GHz minimum|
|Memory||4 GB minimum, 8 GB Recommended|
|Disk Space||2.5 GB of disk space (additional required for data files).|
|Optical Drive||A 4X DVD-ROM drive is required for physical CD installations.|
|Screen Resolution||Optimized for 1280×1024 screen resolution or higher. Supports one Workstation Monitor, plus up to 2 extended monitors. Optimized for Default DPI settings|
|Browser Requirements||Internet Explorer 11 (32-bit)|
|Notes||Payroll and online features require Internet access (1 Mbps recommended speed)|
Technical Specification of QuickBooks Small Business Accounting Software
|Software Name||QuickBooks Software For Windows|
|File Size||3.20 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Chinese, Brazilian, Portuguese|
Download Software For PC
QuickBooks Online has four pricing tiers. The company recently added the new Advanced Plan, which is geared toward medium to large-sized businesses that need up to 25 users and advanced reporting and support. Small Business Accounting Software QuickBooks Online offers a free 30-day trial of three of its plans, a test drive account of QuickBooks Plus, and a demo of its Advanced plan. No credit card information or contracts are required, and you can cancel the service at any time.
Types of Plans of QuickBooks Small Business Accounting Software
Simple Start Plan
QuickBooks Online’s Simple Start plan costs $25 per month and includes:
- Unlimited invoices
- Unlimited estimates
- Expense tracking
- Live bank feeds
- Mileage tracking
- Integrates with 650+ apps
- One user
QuickBooks Online’s Essentials plan costs $40 per month and includes everything in the Simple Start plan, plus:
- Accounts payable
- Time tracking
- Three users
QuickBooks Online’s Plus plan costs $70 per month and includes everything in the Essentials Plan, plus:
- Project management
- Class tracking
- 1099 tax support
- Five users
QuickBooks Online’s Advanced plan costs $150 per month and includes everything in the Plus plan, plus:
- A Fathom subscription for advanced reporting & analytics
- Custom user permissions
- A dedicated customer success manager
- Priority Care
- QuickBooks training (five classes through Real World Training)
- 25 users
Before purchasing QuickBooks Online, there are several additional costs and services to know about:
- A Custom Invoice Template
- Tax E-Filing
- QuickBooks Live Bookkeeping
Feature of QuickBooks
- Dashboard: A basic dashboard gives you an overview of your business’s financial state with charts for Invoices, Expenses, Bank Accounts, Profit and Loss, and Sales. There’s a menu on the left to navigate the most used features and a plus button and gear button on the top right-hand side of the screen where you’ll find shortcuts and more advanced features. There’s also a search transactions button and a help button, and you can enable an AI chat button in the settings as well. The “see all activity” option at the bottom of the dashboard will take you to a full audit log and history of recent activity
- Sales Overview: In addition to a traditional dashboard, QuickBooks Online has recently introduced a Sales Overview page where you can view your income over time and quickly access sales shortcuts, such as “new invoice” or “new sale.”
- Invoicing: QuickBooks Online offers six invoice templates and ample invoice automation (you can also import an existing invoice template via Microsoft Word). You can customize the logo, logo position, font, font size, color scheme, header, footer, number of columns, and more. You can add shipping charges, discounts, and attachments to invoices. If you have the Essentials, Plus, or Advanced plan, you can send invoice reminders to late customers, and you can create recurring invoices. The Advanced plan also allows for batch invoicing (as well as batch estimates and bills). This software is also one of the few accounting programs that lets you auto-schedule invoices. It offers invoice tracking, so you can see when customers view their invoices; it has added support for progress invoicing as well. QuickBooks has also recently added multi-lingual invoicing, so you can now send invoices in six different languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, French, Italian, and Chinese.
- Estimates: Creating estimates and converting them to invoices is easy. Estimates are sent via email, and customers receive the documents as PDFs. Sadly, there is no separate estimates tab, making it difficult to view past estimates.
- Client Portal: It does offer a client portal but only for invoices, not estimates. Customers can view, print, save, pay, or ask questions about their invoices.
- Contact Management: This software has a highly developed contact management system. You can save an incredible amount of information on your customers and vendors, including a display name, billing address, shipping address, preferred payment method, default payment terms, opening balance, attachments, and default tax codes. You can attach relevant files, such as contracts, to each contact. You can also send batch emails to contacts. As a recent addition, you can now change what you call customers (e.g., clients, customers, donors, guests, members, patients, or tenants).
- Expense Tracking: You can add individual expenses, manually import bank statements, or enable live bank feeds. You can categorize expenses, create custom bank rules, and attach receipts to expenses. QuickBooks will automatically match transactions (although you still have to approve the matches manually). It also now offers a new receipt capture feature. Unlike most accounting programs, This Expense Management Software does not use Yodlee for live bank feeds. As Yodlee is known to violate some banks’ terms and conditions, QuickBooks Online gets extra points for using its own bank connector.
- Bank Reconciliation: You can easily reconcile bank accounts in QuickBooks Online and run a reconciliation report.
- Chart Of Accounts: QuickBooks Online has a default chart of accounts, which you can customize to fit your business, or you can import your own. You have to track fixed assets manually by using the chart of accounts (rather than having a built-in depreciation schedule for assets like Xero).
- Accounts Payable: With the Essentials, Plus, or Advanced plan, you can enter and sort bills easily. You can also create recurring bills. There’s a nice vendor dashboard that shows your total purchase orders, overdue bills, open bills, and recently paid bills.
- Checks: With the Plus and Advanced plans, you can order and print checks directly from the software.
- Inventory: While each plan allows you to add items or services, only the Plus and Advanced plans track inventory. When adding items, you can save default sales prices, purchase prices, SKU numbers, images, and create item descriptions. You have the unique option to create item bundles, which makes invoicing a breeze. You can now set reorder points and see the current stock level when you are creating invoices.
- Project Management: You can create projects, add billable and unbillable time, and create billable and unbillable expenses with the Essentials, Plus, or Advanced QuickBooks Online plan. You can easily create invoices for projects, and you can use progress invoicing to invoice in steps. There is no way to add tasks at this time, but there is basic job-costing, so you can track job profitability. There’s also a project management screen with quick access to project reports and an overview of that project’s transactions.
- Time Tracking: In this software, you can create single-time activities or timesheets with the Essentials, Plus, or Advanced plan. Weirdly enough, if you create a time activity that is separate from a project, it will show up under sales (one of those navigational difficulties I mentioned earlier). You can attach billable and unbillable time to projects.
- Custom Reports: this tab includes a list of reports that you’ve customized and saved for future use. This tab also includes any reports that other users in your company have customized and shared with you.
- Budgeting: Unlike the desktop version of QuickBooks (which only allows for one year-long budget), you can have multiple budgets in QuickBooks Online. You can create monthly, quarterly, or yearly budgets. You can use data from a previous financial year as your basis for a budget and run numerous budgeting reports. This feature is available with the Plus and Advanced plans only.
- Journal Entries: You can create journal entries as needed.
- Purchase Orders: You can create purchase orders and recurring purchase orders in QuickBooks Online. You can easily convert purchase orders to bills. You can record payments and receive inventory from purchase orders in full or in parts. This feature is available with the Plus and Advanced plans only.
- Credit Memos: You can create credit memos and customer refunds.
- Sales Receipts: Sales receipts are another way of recording sales in QuickBooks Online. Instead of creating an invoice, where you have to wait for your customer’s payment, sales receipts are to record sales for which you have already received payment. Sales receipts are the method restaurants, salons, and other similar businesses would use to enter daily sales into the software.
- Packing Slips: You can create and print packing slips.
- Class Tracking: This unique feature lets you sort transactions, estimates, and billable hours by a specific location or class. You can also run reports by specific location or class for more detailed reporting.
- Default Email Messages: You can save time by creating default email messages. You can create messages for your invoices, estimates, credit memos, sales receipts, customer statements, refund receipts, and purchase orders.
- Workflows: QuickBooks Online’s Routines Beta feature is now a feature called Workflows. Workflows will let you set automated tasks, such as sending reminders to your team or sending automated invoices. This feature is only available for Advanced plan users.
- Mileage Tracking: This tool has recently added a mileage tracking feature to all QuickBooks Online plans.
- Sales Tax: You can save as many sales tax rates as needed. Also, you can assign a default sales tax to your customers.
- Tax Forms & Support: The Plus and Advanced plan let you prepare and print 1099-MISCs and W-2s for each employee. There is an additional fee to e-file these forms.
- Multiple Currencies: It supports over 150 currencies.
- Importing & Exporting: Its importing feature is refreshing and easy to use compared to most other programs. You can import your customers, vendors, chart of accounts, products, and services. Exporting is more limited. You can export reports to Excel. All other data can only be exported via Internet Explorer.
- Lending: It offers built-in lending called QuickBooks Capital. QuickBooks Capital uses the financial information within your account to determine if you are eligible for a loan. Read our full QuickBooks Capital review to learn more.
Pros And Cons of Intuit QuickBooks
|Excellent user interface and navigation||Expensive|
|In-depth contact records and transaction forms||Poor online documentation|
|Comprehensive payroll support|
|Hundreds of add-ons and integrations|
|New mileage tracking|
Tutorial Video of Quickbooks For Beginners
QuickBooks the most flexible accounting software which helps you manage business finances in just a click. Now you can quickly do your invoicing, bookkeeping, and billing because QuickBooks gives you the things you need the most, all in one place.
Download Software For PC