Have you ever looked for a tool to organize files on your smartphone? Look no further. The Google Files (also known as Files Go) is the official Android file management app developed at Google. Now you can comfortably move all your files around on your smartphone without all the headaches. Plus, it gets rid of any duplicate files and useless old docs that you don’t really need.
Google Files has two main tabs. From the first ‘Storage’ tab, you’ll get a quick view of all the folders that take up the most space on your phone; as well as apps that you haven’t been using lately (within the last 30 days). That way freeing up space by deleting old junk is easier than ever. In the other tab ‘Files’ you’ll get a chance to explore each and every last folder and sub-folder stored on your smartphone.
From your settings panel in Google Files, you’ll find a notifications area where you can set up alarms that’ll let you know whenever you’re running low on space, or anytime there’s an app on your smartphone that hasn’t been used in a while. Files by Google also set up an alert for anytime your folders are getting too large, taking up far too much space.
Files by Google is a full-featured tool. In fact, that you’re now much more likely to manage all your files from your smartphone; simple and easy. Plus, in just a matter of seconds, you’ll clean out your whole device by eliminating any duplicate files, or useless folders that are bogging down your smartphone memory.
Google Files App Features
- FREE UP MORE SPACE: In just a few taps, you can free up space more quickly and easily than ever: delete old photos and memes from chat apps, remove duplicate files, delete unused apps, clear your cache and more.
- CHECK YOUR STORAGE: Use Files to see how much free space is left on your phone and SD card. Easily transfer files to an SD card to free up your phone’s storage, straight from the app. Or use the integrated file cleaner to get more space on the phone.
- BE IN CONTROL: You will always know what you’re deleting; we don’t hide behind complicated terms and phrases. Select only what you want to remove and keep the rest. It’s your photos, your videos, and your files, so you are in charge.
- BOOST PHONE PERFORMANCE: Use Files to keep enough memory, so that your phone keeps running smoothly. You get regular prompts to remove junk or temporary files, which helps you get more storage immediately.
- SMART RECOMMENDATIONS: Get helpful suggestions of files to delete before you run out of space. The recommendation from the Files app gets smarter the more that you use it.
- FIND FILES FASTER: Save time looking for photos, videos, and documents on your phone. Files use filters rather than folders so your stuff is organized more intuitively. Files by Google is the file manager and storage browser that helps you find what you’re looking for fast.
- EASILY MANAGE FILES: Search for your files or simply navigate to them through categories and filters. View, delete, move, rename or share any files. Sort them by file size to understand what’s taking up space. Browse all the GIFs that you have. Find and share that video that you downloaded last week. All of this with a few taps.
- SHARE FILES OFFLINE: Share your pictures, videos, documents, or apps with others nearby who also have the app. With fast speed up to 480 Mbps, it’s fast, free and it works without the Internet, so it doesn’t cost mobile data. Just pair up your phone with anyone nearby who has the Files app.
- ENCRYPTED FILE SHARING: Files’ offline file sharing is secured with WPA2 encryption, providing a more secure file transfer. Files app uses Bluetooth to set up encrypted and direct, fast Wi-Fi connection, so that you can transfer app APK or large files in seconds, and send videos or pictures to your friends. Safe and secure.
- BACK UP FILES TO THE CLOUD: If you want to keep a file forever, select it from the Files menu and back it up to Google Drive or any other cloud storage app. Save them forever without using space on your phone.
- BACK UP FILES TO THE SD CARD: If you run out of storage on your phone, simply transfer large files or videos to your SD card if you have one. With a few clicks, you can clean up your phone and fully use the SD card. That leaves your internal storage free and your phone faster.
- EFFICIENT, EFFECTIVE STORAGE MANAGEMENT: Files app uses less than 10 MB of storage on your phone. And there’s no malware or bloatware to affect your phone’s performance.
3 In One Tool App
While taking up very little storage on your device, Files does three things in one:
- Free up space: Clean junk files and cache, boost your mobile phone or tablet as you clean up the phone memory, and optimize your smartphone performance.
- Find files fast: Browse your storage and find everything fast without being an expert in file management.
- Share files: Send pictures, share videos, transfer large files, or app APKs. All of this with super-fast speed up to 480 Mbps over an encrypted, direct Wi-Fi network.
Pros And Cons of Google Files
|Files can be uploaded to Google Drive||Documents cannot be previewed|
|It allows offline file sharing||Only 1 default theme|
|Sorts files according to categories||File sharing rewards system is inconsistent|
|Issues reminder about junk files||No link scanner|
|App Name||Google Files For Android V 1.0.318525152|
|File Size||11 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
With Google Files, users will be able to automatically clean up the OS, deleting files and folders that are no longer in use, they can check to see which apps are no longer relevant, and they can even browse some of the default folders in Android and see what’s in them. There is also the option to send files to another Android device that has the same applications installed, using the hotspot function.
Download App For Android