GetGo Download Manager is a fully-featured free download manager with an integrated web video downloader. It can increase download speeds by up to 5 times, resume, and schedule downloads. Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability can restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections, network problems, computer shutdowns, or unexpected power outages. The simple yet modern graphic user interface makes the app user friendly and easy to use.
This Internet Download Manager has a smart download engine that can intelligently segment the file using multiple threads to accelerate your downloads. It supports proxy servers, FTP, and Http protocols, firewalls, redirects, cookies, and authorization.
The user interface of the software is resembling that of other similar solutions, so you will easily find your way through it.
In the “Downloads” panel you can view downloading, queued, failed, stopped, pending, scheduled, completed tasks, categories, and history.
Plus, you can check out information about a specific task in the “Properties” panel (e.g. percent completed, output directory, category, priority, time start, remaining and elapsed), while you can get a preview of the specific file.
Furthermore, the product features an integrated web browser (GetGo123) that can detect web videos using cloud-based technology for you to download and save to local disk. Other features include download categories, scheduler, sounds on different events, batch download queue, ability to integrate virus protection on download completion, and a wealth of other improvements and features.
GetGo Download Manager Software Features
Detect and Download web videos
The Integrated web browser (GetGo123) detects web videos using cloud-based technology for you to download and save to local disk.
Multi-Threaded Download Engine
A smart download engine intelligently segments the file using multiple threads to accelerate your download.
Extreme Download Acceleration
The app accelerates download speed by splitting files into many blocks and then downloading them concurrently, which can result in an increase in download speed up to 500%!
Pause and Resume broken downloads
The tool resumes broken or stopped downloads, such that you won’t need to restart your downloads from the beginning again, saving your time and bandwidth.
Flexible Download Scheduler
With the software’s flexible download scheduler, you can schedule your downloads to start on a timer or a specific date and to download for a specific amount of time before stopping.
Easy Batch Download
You can easily set up a Batch Download that not only downloads a large list of files using an URL pattern template but also automatically renames downloaded files using a filename pattern template.
Other features of GetGo Download Manager
Integration and Ease of Use:
- IE toolbar integration: a GetGo toolbar that is integrated into your browser for fast and easy downloading.
- Enhanced IE integration: Launch from IE using a button or context menu.
- Resume support: resume stopped downloads (on supporting servers).
- Enhanced account management: It maintains a list of Login Accounts so you can easily access your favorite sites.
- Download notification: It will notify you when your download is complete.
- Import and export URLs: you can import or export your database of URLs.
Enhancement and Support:
- Image preview: Display your downloaded images in GetGo Preview Pane
- Proxy Support: Download all your files through an HTTP or FTP proxy. Enhanced drop window with tooltip and bandwidth graph.
- Download list: Advanced management of downloads, queues, priorities, and statuses
Customization and Interface Features:
- Customizable toolbar: Create your own toolbar buttons, show or hide the standard language bar or a language bar of your choice, and arrange buttons for more convenient access to all the features GetGo offers.
- Interface themes: 7 new themes to choose from for your GetGo window layout. You can also setup your own color scheme for GetGo.
- Dockable windows: re-configure the section of the GetGo window the way you want.
- Details pane: Details information for downloaded and downloading files.
- Bandwidth pane: GetGo displays the bandwidth you are using when downloading files.
- Updated Firefox Add-on to support Firefox 3.x GetGo now integrates with Firefox, Mozilla, Netscape, and Flock! The installer will attempt to install into firefox automatically, however, if a problem exists or you want to install manually, drag the GGMoz.xpi file into your browser (which is located in the GetGo program files directory).
- Option to shred the downloaded files completely when you delete them from the disk in GetGo.
- Virus check: Scan your downloads using GetGo and your favorite anti-virus software
You can start a new downloading task by inserting the URL, file name, and output destination, along with the download behavior (start manually, immediately, scheduled). You can also select a category, set the priority, split number, comment, as well as input user login information.
The same method applies to batch downloads and leech downloads. Also, you can import and export URLs and change the interface theme. In the “Options” menu, you can configure the application and download behavior, URL integration, connection and proxy/firewall settings, categories, scheduler, passwords, sounds, and more.
GetGo Download Manager uses a small number of system resources, comes with a comprehensive online help file, and manages to complete download tasks faster than other similar tools (at least when it comes to large files – e.g. 1.44GB in roughly 18 minutes).
Pros And Cons of GetGo Download Manager Software
|Works with Internet Explorer and Firefox||Linked with the Ask search engine – and you can’t change it!|
|Support for scheduling downloads|
|Can extract and download YouTube videos|
|Can download multiple items from the same web page simultaneously|
|Operating System||Windows 7/8/10|
|Processor||Intel Pentium III / AMD Athlon processor or equivalent (Intel Pentium 4 / AMD Athlon XP or equivalent recommended)|
|Memory||512 MB RAM (1 GB RAM recommended)|
|Storage Space||310 MB free hard drive space (1 GB recommended)|
|Display Resolution||High Color display adapter at 1024 x 768 resolution (1280 x 1024 recommended)|
|CD/DVD Drive||CD/DVD Burner – for creating CDs and DVDs|
|DirectX||Microsoft DirectX 9.0C|
|Media Player||Window Media Player 9.0|
|Software Name||GetGo Software For Windows V 18.104.22.16800|
|File Size||4.65 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Developer||GetGo Software Ltd.|