Geomagic Design X is a fully-featured CAD modeling and 3D scan manipulation application that has managed to become of the leading software packages for the management of reverse engineering. With the help of comprehensive 3D Scan data processing algorithms and insightful history-based CAD services, Geomagic Design X can help you reverse-engineer and create feature-based, editable solid models that are fully compatible with your existing CAD software.
The core feature of Geomagic Design X is to accurately and reliably covert 3D scanned data into high-quality CAD models, which are automatically scanned using point cloud processing, mesh editing, exact surface fitting and other techniques to create fully feature-based CAD models that are completely manufacturing-ready. Focus on 3D scanning and automatic generation of final model greatly reduces the time and effort that you need to invest in your project, sometimes shaving off days or even weeks. Fast processing time of the app promotes quicker iteration, more testing, experimentation and ability to start new projects – not with a blank project screen, but with numerous elements already scanned and ready for integration into new form factors and faster deployment to market.
Geomagic Design X is also highly useful for replicating objects that cannot be accurately measured using traditional techniques. By taking advantage of the latest scanning technologies, you can easily and quickly recreate 3D models of intricate objects and get them ready for integration into your project. To make the entire process of integration inside your workflow easier, the tool can output models that are fully compatible with all of the most used CAD ecosystems, including SOLIDWORKS®, Siemens NX®, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor®, PTC Creo®, and Pro/ENGINEER®.
Geomagic Design X comes in an installation package that is over 1.7GB in size. The installation and proper use require the presence of stronger PC components, including quadcore CPU, at least 8 GB of RAM memory, 5GB of storage space and modern OpenGL 4.0+ GPU card with at least 2 GB of video memory.
Please be aware that the trial version of the app is accessible only to users who request it from the official website at 3dsystems.com. To successfully request a trial download, you will need to provide your business information, including business email address, company name, company information, job level and function, and more. Currently, the trial is not available for home or educational users.
Geomagic Design X Features
- Powerful and flexible: Geomagic Design X is purpose-built for converting 3D scan data into high-quality feature-based CAD models. It does what no other software can with its combination of automatic and guided solid model extraction, incredibly accurate exact surface fitting to organic 3D scans, mesh editing and point cloud processing. Now, you can scan virtually anything and create manufacturing-ready designs.
- Enhance your CAD environment: Seamlessly add 3D scanning into your regular design process so you can do more and work faster. Geomagic Design X complements your entire design ecosystem, with native output to SOLIDWORKS®, Siemens NX®, Solid Edge, Autodesk Inventor®, PTC Creo® and Pro/ENGINEER® using the patented LiveTransfer technology. This enables the very rapid transition of your scanned model into the mainstream CAD environment that you use.
- Accelerate time to market: Shave days or weeks from product idea to finished design. Scan prototypes, existing parts, tooling or related objects, and create designs in a fraction of the time it would take to manually measure and create CAD models from scratch.
- Broaden your design capabilities: Instead of starting from a blank screen, start from data created by the real world. Geomagic Design X is the easiest way to create editable, feature-based CAD models from a 3D scanner and integrate them into your existing engineering design workflow.
- Do the impossible: Create products that cannot be designed without reverse engineering, customized parts that require a perfect fit with the human body. Create components that integrate perfectly with existing products. Recreate complex geometry that cannot be measured any other way.
Other Features of Geomagic Design X
- Industry-leading software for creating CAD models from 3D scan data.
- Fast, accurate and reliable reverse engineering of real-world objects.
- Fast point cloud processing.
- Streamlined deployment of feature-based, editable solid scanned models to your existing CAD tools.
- Automated LiveTransfer to industry-leading CAD systems.
- Built-in tools for mesh repair, point cloud data alignment, surface extraction, accuracy analysis and more.
- Import support of over 60 file formats.
- Accelerate product creation by scanning prototypes, existing parts, tooling, and related projects.
- Enhance your design by importing scanned objects into your workflow.
- Get accurate models of real-world, highly complex or customized objects that cannot be measured any other way than with 3D scan technology.
- Optimized for modern versions of Windows OS (7/8/10)
- Available for FREE via a 15-day Trial.
|Operating System||Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10.|
|Processor||Intel Dual Core processor or later|
|Memory||1 GB of RAM required.|
|Storage Space||2 GB of free space required.|
|Software Name||Geomagic Design X Software For Windows V 2019.0.2|
|File Size||1.8 GB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
|Developer||3D Systems, Inc.|
This is complete offline installer and standalone setup for Geomagic Design X. This would be compatible with both 32 bit and 64-bit windows.