GameEx is a graphical DirectX based front-end for MAME, Zinc, Daphne, PC Games, and all command line based game emulators, along with being a complete Home Theatre PC solution or plugin for the windows media center. It’s designed to be used seamlessly with arcade controls and various arcade products and also has fully featured touchscreen and tablet support suitable to be used as a CarPC and touchscreen frontend. GameEx is available as a free or enhanced registered version.
Friendly interface for seamless navigation
When it comes to gaming, everyone knows that looks are very important and for this reason, the GUI of this program is glossy and nicely polished to offer a smoother experience to all users.
The main functions are always at hand thanks to the intuitive layout and there are plenty of extras to keep the user informed about the latest releases, news, and even the weather condition.
Extensive support for emulators and detailed configurations
GameEx is well equipped to handle a wide variety of game emulators, including MAME, GameBase, and many more. The fact that it can function as a Home Theatre environment further increases its value, as well as the support for touch-enabled devices.
The most important thing about this program is setting it up correctly, as there are numerous customizations that can be made. The setup can be carried out in one of the several modes available, so you can choose the level of details involved in this procedure.
From theme selection to audio, video, and touchscreen and tablet options, everything has a little something you can tinker with in order to make the whole experience more to your liking. In case you need a specific emulator, be sure to stop awhile at the Download Emulators step in the configuration wizard to pick and grab it.
Advanced game emulation environment
The conclusion is that with GameEx any user can enjoy many of the titles they loved to play on a console or they can watch their preferred movies without having to leave this application.
Note: There are three different incarnations (versions) of GameEx
- The original GameEx emulation and HTPC front end.
- GameEx Arcade Edition which is a specially optimized version designed specifically for emulation use only for use with Arcade products and HTPC systems.
- Then there is the next evolution of GameEx, GameEx Evolution, built from the ground up using what we have learned from the past 13 years to build the next generation of emulation front ends.
- Supports nearly any emulator
- Advanced support for MAME
- No other front end has as many options for the configuration of MAME and emulators.
- Optimized for Dual and Quad-core Processors
- Media Center Plug-In
- Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10.
- Well supported with regular updates.
- With ten years of development its mature and it just works.
- Arcade Controls (X-Arcade, Slik-Stik, JPAC, IPAC), MCE Remote, other remote controls, and gamepads.
- Plug-In support including advanced LCD/LED, Ultrastick, and hardware monitor rotation all included in the standard install.
- Specific ArcadeVGA support
- Native Widescreen and HD support with no scaling required.
- Completely customizable controls
- Full Touchscreen and Tablet PC support
- Global gamepad and keyboard exit combo to exit any emulator
- Exit any game with the escape key or remote control
- In-game key. View game info and controls while in a game
- Highly polished, elegant and effective interface
- Full-featured database-driven front end for GameBase and its collections
- Full integration with GameEx Arcade instantly and automatically adding over 3,500 flash games with new games added daily.
- Jukebox supports all formats with visualizations and offers integration with iTunes and windows media player.
- Play the Jukebox while playing games
- Advanced all formats Video Player with support for different audio and subtitle streams
- DVD Player with support for the choice of codec and FFDSHOW
- 10 ft DVD Ripping (video)
- Picture and slide show viewer
- Internet Radio
- UPNP / DNLA media server client
- News Reader
- YouTube module. Easily browse search and play YouTube content using simple controls.
- Advanced multi-process based attract mode/screensaver
- Multiple languages, custom languages
- Theme Editor offers to the skin
- Both advanced configuration and easy setup wizard
- Emulator and MAME databases, with descriptions and various other data, allows linking and categorizing across all systems.
- Play random background sounds.
- MAME High Score Support
- ISO Mounting
- HTML applications within the interface. Play streaming video from NetFlix and Hulu.
- Movie Database. Automatically or manually add box art and descriptions for your movies.
- Animated 3D model and X file support.
- MADVR renderer support for video playback.
- Plus 100’s more features you won’t find in other front ends as standard.