pdfFactory is a Windows program for creating PDF files. It allows you to instantly create PDFs with a few clicks. Users can also combine multiple documents into one PDF. The software features the ability to preview your conversion and allows you to encrypt the PDF files as well. Only pdfFactory allows printing to paper or PDF without printing twice. Acrobat is not needed for printing.
PDF files are very common nowadays thanks to the fact that they can carry more than just text strings. If viewing them is an easy task thanks to the numerous free viewers out there, creating a Portable Document Format file is a bit of a different story.
One of the most effective methods of making a PDF document is using a virtual printer. This has the advantage of being available from almost any application using the ‘Print’ (Ctrl+P) command. Such a utility is pdfFactory, a tool that will help you create the needed PDFs in no time.
This free pdf create software installs quickly and will be available from the ‘Print’ menu of Windows apps, as well as via the ‘Devices and Printers’ section from the system’s ‘Control Panel.’ Interestingly enough, it can be used for more than PDF printing since it can also send the loaded pages by email, all you need is a configured client.
pdffactory Software Features
- Instant PDFs from any software: One-click PDF creation.
- Combine multiple documents into one PDF: Even from multiple sources.
- Instant preview: Without having to save and open in Acrobat.
- Security: Encrypt and control access to PDF files
- Font embedding: All original fonts are displayed, even if the reader does not have them.
- Page insertion and deletion: Delete unwanted content before the PDF is created.
- Send via email: eMail PDFs with one click. Copy PDF to clipboard for pasting into an existing email.
- Drag & Drop: Easy integration with Evernote, Gmail, and other cloud-based facilities.
- Create PDF or print to paper: Only pdfFactory allows printing to paper or PDF without printing twice. Acrobat is not needed for printing.
- Combines multiple documents into a single PDF: Increases the convenience of document delivery by having a single PDF that contains material from different sources. Just keep printing documents to pdfFactory and they will automatically be concatenated.
- Preview: This free pdf creates software that allows quick, accurate previewing of the PDF, including up to 400% zoom, without saving the file first and without opening Acrobat.
- Page insertion and deletion: Allows unwanted material to be deleted before the PDF is created. This is especially useful when creating PDFs from long reports, email and web pages.
- AutoSave: Saves entire contents of pdfFactory sessions automatically so you can retrieve previously compiled PDFs.
- Live URL Links: Customize links by line type, thickness, and color to open Web pages and email addresses with a click of your mouse.
- Easy server deployment: Install on a server as a shared printer for easy group or enterprise deployment.
A very useful set of features is to be found under the ‘Settings’ menu of pdfFactory. You’ll be able to view and edit the document information, choose which fonts to embed or protect the PDF by encrypting it. The security features give you the possibility to prevent text and image copying, adding or changing comments and form fields, as well as restrict access to printing and performing other changes to the document.
Another handy function that can be activated from the same menu is the automatic URL conversion. With the help of this feature, links can be set to appear in various forms, with custom borders, line styles, and sizes or custom colors.
System Requirements of Free PDF Create Software
|Processor||Intel Dual Core processor or later.|
|Operating System||Windows XP/7/8/8.1/10.|
|Memory||1 GB of RAM.|
|Software Name||pdffactory Software For Windows V 7.22|
|File Size||11.4 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
This free pdf creation software that ease of use, a decent set of customizable features and fast processing speed recommend this application, but since it is not free of cost, you should take it for a test drive first to see if it fits your bill.
Download Software For Windows