EF Commander is a powerful file manager software for Windows that provides features likes viewer, archiver, and FTP client for all versions of Windows. Built on the principles established by the famous Norton Commander, this software continues the focus on the dual-windowed file management and easy commands for taking complete control over your files on both local and external storage. This includes support for drag & drop, manual selection of files, automatic sorting by extensions, powerful search tool, checking and editing of attributes, search & replace function, and others.
This is a multi-featured, complex, yet easy-to-use file manager for pc aimed at all user categories in the audience. Even though this is the basic version of the EF Commander, it still manages to meet the most common requirements in the file management category.
Developers of EF Commander have spent a lot of effort on making sure the program interface can equally serve both novices who want a fast and easy way to control their data and experienced users who want to deeply customize every aspect of their daily work. Some of the popular options include fully customizable tabs, customized fonts, colors, and user-defined columns, the ability to add or edit keyboard shortcuts, and more.
If you’re familiar with Total Commander or similar products then, there is no challenge for you. It maintains the layout of the popular file manager – a two-sided interface, a toolbar of shortcuts, and a few menus that concentrate the essence of the program.
The two panels that divide the main window accommodate folder structures and allow you to perform operations such as copy/move files or folders faster. The two panels can be swapped, or given the same attributes by a simple click of a button.
EF Commander File Manager Software For Windows Features
One of the most celebrated achievements of the tool is its ability to natively support a direct link to PDAs with Windows CE operating system, which no other file manager was able to do when this feature was originally introduced. In addition to this feature, the app also has built-in support for online networking via FTP standard, support for integration with Nero Burning ROM, and management of over 20 types of compressed data archives.
Here is the full listing of key features of EF Commander:
- An optimized interface that allows deep customization
- Tabbed interface for easier management of your local or remote data.
- Built-in media player that can handle several formats of HQ audio (WAV, MP3 (with ID3 Tag support), Ogg/Vorbis, FLAC, and WMA).
- Text and HEX editor
- Thumbnail support for enabling easier sorting of your images.
- Powerful multi-rename tool
- File joiner and splitter
- Checksum creation and verification
- Parallel file operation, for boosting the performance of larger file management tasks.
- Support for direct link communication to PDAs with Windows CE. Gain direct access like PDA files is just another external storage drive.
- Direct support for over 20 types of compressed data archives (including ZIP, RAR, 7-ZIP, ISO, ARC, ARJ, CAB, and others).
- Fast FTP/FTPS client for effortless management of remote data.
- Synchronization tool for easier copying of data between your various devices.
- External plugin support for expanding the functionality of the app with various packers, viewers, file systems, and other services. Plugins have to be in WLX, WCX, WFX, and Winamp decode formats.
- Built-in support for communication with 3rd party programs such as Nero Burning ROM, Irfan View, and XnView.
- Support for over 20 languages
Other basic file management tool that comes with windows include deleting, rename, make directory, search, compare directories, go to, to name the most common ones. Also, you can manage network connections, disconnect network drives, of the computer.
The configuration section of the program allows you to enable functions such as animate hot links, show old toolbar symbols, look for a particular file by using Windows’ search function, and keyboard combinations.
What’s striking about this product is that during development, none of the existing features were cut off; bugs were fixed along the way, but the developer never removed or replaced any of the program’s abilities.
EF Commander File Manager software for Windows that allows for common file operations and simplifies your work. More advanced features, such as FTP management, disk formatting, CD / DVD burning, compression/decompression, and others are available in the more advanced edition.
|Operating System||Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10|
|Processor||Microsoft Windows 32/64 bit|
|Storage Space||6 MB free space on your harddisk for installing for this software|
|Software Name||EF Commander Software For Windows V 20.09|
|File Size||5.7 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
Download Software For PC