Put Dragonframe at the heart of your next stop motion animation maker Bring your animation to life. Professional on-screen tools for precise movements. Step, play, capture, repeat. Compose and light the perfect shot with camera controls, test shots, and advanced image review tools. Import and edit multiple audio tracks. Perform dialogue track reading for multiple characters. Program animated lighting with simple keyframes. Automate work lights for the animator. Simple front light/backlight programming. Use the intuitive graphical interface to program advanced camera moves.
Dragonframe is the best software tool developed in order to help individuals create their own professional-looking animations, with their web camera and some of the many options incorporated.
The installation process does not last long and it does not bring any unpleasant surprises. Once you finalize it, the interface you are brought to boasts a modern and minimal design. It consists of a menu bar, several buttons, and panels which enable you to view pictures, lists of all captures taken, and editing options.
It becomes clear that all user categories can work with it, regardless of their experience level and without facing any kind of problem.
Dragonframe Stop Motion Animation Maker Features
- Animate Your Way: Step directly between live view and captured frames or switch to auto-toggle. Loop playback to get the sense of movement you’re aiming for. The playback and stepping functions are fully customizable for your needs.
- Reference Material: Load multiple reference stills or videos and view them with your animation. Blend them with opacity, pull a chromakey (blue screen), and even assign a garbage matte to see just the part you want. Pop-out reference videos into a synchronized player if you want it off to the side.
- Keypad Controls: With the Dragonframe keypad, you can stay focused on animating instead of hunting around with the mouse. And the hotkeys are fully configurable, so if you really like a feature that is not on the keypad, you can move it there.
- Camera Controls: Set camera settings such as shutter speed, ISO, and white balance directly from the program. Check and adjust the focus with Canon, Nikon, Olympus, or Fujifilm cameras. Take test shots and get your shot right, before you start.
- Composition Guides: Compose for multiple formats with confidence. Create custom aspect ratio masks. Combine masks with TV-safe guides. Add grid overlays for help with composition. Add a push-in mask to allow post-production push-in or panning.
- Image Review: Check images at full-resolution. Check for over or underexposed areas with the clipping view. Load images from other scenes to compare exposure and composition. Compare image contrast with the Digital Densitometer.
- Multi-track Editing: Import multiple audio tracks and make basic edits. Split tracks and drag segments to adjust the timing on the fly. You can even move waveforms and character track readings together, to keep them in sync.
- Dialog Track Reading: Create characters, scrub through your audio, and assign words and phonetics for all your dialogue. View this data while animating, in the X-Sheet, Timeline, or Audio HUD.
- Lighting Automated: Control up to 512 lighting channels in conjunction with DDMX-512, DMC-16, or DMC+. You define your lighting program before you shoot, and then watch as the app controls your lights during the shot, leaving your animators to focus on animating.
- Keyframe Smoothing: Define your lighting program with keyframes. Adjust the smoothness in each direction with a simplified “bezier” handle—giving you a large degree of control while maintaining an efficient programming interface.
- Custom Exposure Lighting: It’s easy to create custom lighting programs for different exposures. You can customize the exposure’s lighting program directly, or create a new program for one or more exposures to share.
- Motion Control Integrated: Integrated motion control means that you can program camera moves and lighting effects from within the same system. It means that you can quickly preview moves using the same camera you will be animating with. It means that the lighting and motion control will be in the right place, at the right time. So if the animator needs to reshoot a few frames, this software can safely move the rig back into the proper position, every time.
- Move Tests: Once you’ve programmed a move, you’ll want to test it out. Run a move test within the Arc workspace and see how it looks. The moving test captures video assist frames only, in order to speed up the test process. On a long move, you can reshoot just the section you’re working on. You’ll have the move perfected in record time.
- Hardware Integration: You can use a wide range of hardware, from the do-it-yourself Arduino-based DFMoco sketch to off-the-shelf kits from the eMotimo or Slidekamera.
The Dragonfram Stop Motion Animation software utility enables you to shoot multiple frames, as well as capture a user-defined time interval. You can configure video settings such as compression quality, input size, as well as control exposure, white balance, brightness, contrast, saturation, sharpness, hue, and gamma levels.
Aside from that, you can modify ISO, use a digital densitometer, change the number of frames per second, loop all captures, or play in reverse. Exposure can be established automatically or you can control it with the help of a slider bar.
Scenes can be duplicated, takes can be managed, while it is possible to import data from CSV, TXT, or DFTR files, while you can create a 2D or 3D stop motion movies from all the photos taken, in an MP4, MOV, and AVI format. You can also export an image sequence (TIFF, BMP, PNG, TGA, and JPG), with custom quality, frame rate, and aspect ratio.
Pros and Cons of Dragonframe Stop Motion Animation
|Nice-looking interface||Doesn’t always recognize that QuickTime is installed|
|Includes timeline editor||Very complicated for beginners|
|Comprehensive lip-sync system|
|Vector-based drawing tools|
Video Tutorial of This Stop Animation Maker Software
|Operating System||Windows: 7, 8, 10
Mac: macOS 10.10 and higher version
|Processor||1.33 GHz CPU|
|Memory||2 GB RAM|
|QuickTime||QUICKTIME 7.2 OR NEWER|
|OpenGL||OpenGL 2.1 Capable Graphics Card|
|Camera||A supported camera|
|Software Name||Dragonframe Software For Windows V 4.2.2|
|File Size||140 MB|
Dragonframe is a well-rounded and efficient piece of stop motion animation app, which enables you to make short animation movies. There are enough options to keep you busy for a while, the response time is good and the environment is intuitive.
Download Software For PC