DbVisualizer is the ultimate solution of the database manager since the same tool can be used on all major operating systems accessing a wide range of databases. It is an efficient and easy to use software solution which aims to assist you in thoroughly managing and maintaining your database, with the least amount of effort for you.
After installing the application, you can launch it and begin working with it. Its user-friendly interface makes it quite simple to handle, allowing you to quickly open new database connections, either using the wizard or by inputting the required information yourself.
In order to add a new connection, you will need to enter the alias, which will be used throughout the utility. You can then select the ‘Database Driver’ from the available list or add a new one using the ‘Driver Manager’.
Afterward, press the ‘Next’ button, to enter additional information about the database manager, pinging it to verify if it can establish a connection, then click on to the ‘Finish’ button to complete the process. The contents of the database will then be displayed in the tree view mode, in the left side panel, enabling you to quickly access the section that interests you.
Subsequently, you can choose the SQL files that you wish to open and analyze their contents, as well as perform any necessary modifications, then save the file or the current context. It allows you to create tables, by adding the needed columns and restraints in several tabs, then pressing the ‘Execute’ button.
DbVisualizer For Database Manager Features
- Supported Databases: Amazon Redshift, DB2 LUW, Derby, Exasol, H2, Informix, Microsoft SQL Server, Mimer SQL, MySQL, Netezza, NuoDB, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, Sybase ASE, and Vertica.
- Runs Everywhere: DbVisualizer 64 bit runs on all the major platforms, Windows, macOS, and Linux.
- SQL Tools: SQL editor with support for auto-completion, parameterized SQLs, SQL formatter, visual query builder, explain plan, and, a command-line based interface.
- Database Browser: Tree-based navigation through database objects. Multiple objects can be displayed side-by-side.
- Object Management: Visual tools to manage database objects. Edit, compile, and, run procedures, functions, triggers, and, a lot more.
- Table Data Management: Spreadsheet-like table data editor including binary/BLOB and CLOB data types, import from CSV, and Excel files.
- Export: Export database objects and table data as CREATE/INSERT statements, CSV, XML, and more. Support for exporting a very large result.
DbVisualizer is tested with the major databases and JDBC drivers. For databases more commonly used in the industry, It has added support for database-specific features. Key bindings are configurable and the appearance of the application is highly customizable. Some of these features are:
- Management of database-specific objects
- Visual actions for CREATE, ALTER, DROP, RENAME and so on
- Create, Edit and Compile procedures, functions, and triggers
- Explain plan support
- Schema Export
- Compare of editors and result sets
the utility features a ‘Monitoring Data Changes‘ function that enabling you to keep track of any alterations that take place over time, and letting you view the results, and based on them you can later generate statistics or database metrics, or others.
Pros And Cons of DBVisulizer Database Manager
|Supports multiple databases||Limited in instructions|
|Works across platforms||Long installation process|
|No auto form completion|
|Java Version||8 and 11 required.|
|Software Name||DbVisualizer Software For Windows V 11.0.4|
|File Size||81.3 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
DbVisualizer is a very complex and advanced program of database manager software whose main purpose is to offer you the proper tools that let you manage your databases unrestricted, significantly simplifying your work in the process.
Download Software For PC