CherryTree for Windows PC is a hierarchical note-taking program, featuring rich text and syntax highlighting, storing data in a single XML or SQLite file.
It is designed and delivered as a hierarchical note-taking solution that allows you to create, store and organize your notes in an easy to navigate structure.
This is both simple and complex at the same time. It’s simple because it displays a more than comprehensive user interface which makes it accessible to just about anyone who wants to use it. As far as complex goes, that refers to what’s behind the graphical user interface as the list of what you can do with the application is quite long.
Using this Note Taking Program you benefit from an advanced text editor, syntax highlighting, along with table, codebox and image insertion, alignment functions for all types of content, exporting to various formats and much more.
CherryTree Note Taking Program Features
- Rich text (foreground color, background color, bold, italic, underline, strikethrough, small, h1, h2, h3, subscript, superscript, monospace)
- Syntax highlighting supporting several programming languages
- Images handling: insertion in the text, edit (resize/rotate), save as png file
- Embedded files handling: insertion in the text, save to the disk
- Multi-level lists handling (bulleted, numbered, to-do and switch between them, multiline with shift+enter)
- Simple tables handling (cells with plain text), cut/copy/paste row, import/export as CSV file
- Codeboxes handling: boxes of plain text (optionally with syntax highlighting) into rich text, import/export as a text file
- Execution of the code for code nodes and code boxes; the terminal and the command per syntax highlighting is configurable in the preferences dialog
- Alignment of text, images, tables and code boxes (left/center/right/fill)
- Hyperlinks associated to text and images (links to webpages, links to nodes/nodes + anchors, links to files, links to folders)
- Spell check (using pygtkspellcheck and pyenchant)
- Intra application copy/paste: supported single images, single code boxes, single tables and a compound selection of rich text, images, code boxes and tables
- Cross application copy/paste (tested with LibreOffice and Gmail): supported single images, single code boxes, single tables and a compound selection of rich text, images, code boxes and tables
- Copying a list of files from the file manager and pasting in CherryTree for PC will create a list of links to files, images are recognized and inserted in the text
- Print & save as PDF file of a selection/node and subnodes / the whole tree
- Export to HTML of a selection/node and subnodes / the whole tree
- Export to the plain text of a selection/node and subnodes / the whole tree
- TOC generation for a node and subnodes / the whole tree, based on headers h1, h2 and h3
- Find a node, find in selected node, find in selected node and subnodes, find in all nodes
- Replace in nodes names, replace in selected node, replace in selected node and subnodes, replace in all nodes
- Iteration of the latest find, iteration of the latest replace, iteration of the latest applied text formatting
- Import from html file, import from the folder of HTML files
- Import from plain text file, import from the folder of plain text files
- Import from basket, epim html, gnote, keepnote, keynote, knowit, mempad, notecase, rednotebook, tomboy, treepad lite, tuxcards, zim
- Export to this software file of a selection / node / node and subnodes / the whole tree
- Password protection (using http://www.7-zip.Org/) – note: while a Cherry Tree password protected document is opened, an unprotected copy is extracted to a temporary folder of the filesystem; this copy is removed when you close CherryTree
- Tree nodes drag and drop
- Automatic link to web page if writing the url
- Automatic link to node if writing node name either with no spaces and camelcase or surrounded by [[node name]]
It enables you to do more than just insert text and save it for later use. Each note, or node as it is referred in this case, can be customized to a large extent in a variety of ways. Besides being able to choose the font and its size, you can also highlight specific portions of it, change alignment, toggle subscript and superscript, add bullets, insert images, files, timestamps, etc.
In a lot of ways it’s more advanced than a good deal of text editors out today and that becomes a certainty when you have to consider that CherryTree makes it possible to import notes from formats that are created using other similar applications and can export content to PDF, HTML and simple TXT files.
System Requirements of Note Taking Program
|Operating System||Windows XP, WinWindows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Software Name||CherrytTree Software For Windows V 0.39.3|
|File Size||5.4 MB|
|Languages||English, Italian, French, Spanish, Polish, Chinese, German, Japanese|
With the above to consider and a lot more to discover about what else CherryTree can do, it’s safe to say that if you’re looking for a sturdy and reliable note-taking program, then you can certainly give this one a try.
Download Software For PC